• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 No change in engine for new Civic Type-R

andyd said:
MilanoChris said:
cressie said:
A tuned version of the Accord 2.4 engine might be interesting!!.

Never going to happen as the engine can't handle higher piston speeds as what it already produces. The K20 series is more then capable.

Thats statment contains a few errors.....

In std bore and stroke, no the engine can't handle them sort of speeds.....

However, If the bore and stroke where change to say more a round number rather then a sqaure on. This would produce some interesting results :shock: :wink:

Andy

By why bother going to all that trouble, that is the point my frosty haired friend.....They already have an engine that can handle those speeds....

...the K20 :D

I dont think Honda want to reveal too much so early on. I'll play the waiting game for a little longer.

bunnykins said:
think they are going along the VW Golf safe route
offering tech,weight and refinement = Dull CTR

I'm not sure, I would have thought as the current CTR was a sales success they would keep to a similar formula.

Where as VW anything was an improvment on the old Golf GTi

But the new Golf is actualy a step back in a sense, they did not go for more power, but went for a more responsive, lighter chassis, resulting in a car that handles well and is fun to drive. Well at least compared to the older models. It has also won critical aclaim. I would bet Honda will go more along those lines. I.E the complete pakage....not just trying to get headline grabbing power figures.

MilanoChris said:
The same 200 PS engine as seen in the current car. Does not say whether it is going to be tuned for more power. Nor does it say it won't.

...but it wouldnt be 200ps if you tuned it so it sounds like their tunings heading sideways ;)

- Kevin.

I just hope that Honda do not "sell out" to the mases, and build a more refined Type-R, I hope they remain true to the Type-R ethos and build a performance based car, But we have to ask, how many type-r owners actually use the type-r's attributes to there fullest?? I quess about 2%? track days etc. So when it comes down to the nitty gritty of selling cars these days performance figures, BHP and 0-60 times, mean more to the mass buyer than the enthusiast.
We want a next gen type-r with an LSD and better steering, John in accounts
wants his type-r to be 0.2 secs quicker to 60 than his mates VXR :cry:

New Type R

Afternoon Chaps

I work for Honda and i've heard all sorts of different things. I do know that it's gonna have a nice set of 19" Rims and the engine is gonna be the same as current but apparently with more BHP

Unveiling it in Geneva

Think it's gona be hottttt

the_boy_hak said:
I heard that they were using the same engine but teaking it to give better torque than the current CTR engine?

Wouldn't that be sacrificing revs slightly though?

CTR said:
the_boy_hak said:
I heard that they were using the same engine but teaking it to give better torque than the current CTR engine?

Wouldn't that be sacrificing revs slightly though?

It would. Unless they shift the powerband.

I have kept telling people since day 1 it was just going to be an update of the standard engine we have allready got pushing about about 220 BHP

I have no Idea about LSD and brakes but I guess we WONT get a LSD be very very suprised if we do, and is the rear susspension not torsion beam ??

I reckon we will get an LSD :wink:

It's the only way this car is going to drive like nothing else currently available and set itself apart from the rest IMO.

But let's just wait and see.

Jenson, stick to getting on the front row and not on the stage and Mr Honda - please saw the back end off and start again eeeeeuuuuuk!

Defo not for me. :cry: Mitsi or Subaru next I think.

Gunn79 said:
If its the same power as the current CTR - then it is gonna need to weigh less IMO to be a step forward. No doubt the handling and ride will be more 'refined' as well.

TBH I think our generation CTR is gonna be the one to own for performance, the new one will be for those who crave more options and comfort.

Couldnt agree more with ya Gunn :D

Think it will be a real shame if it aint improoved, but then it just means all them peeps that think they are cool in them...will get blown away by me :twisted: :lol:

Back