• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

no vtec

Hi i have no vtec untill i switch my ignition off and back on once my engine is warm. Oil is fine ect its just doesn't vtect when warm untill i switch my engine off then on
any idears ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange one that mate. Have you tried to see if there are any fault codes on the ECU? If you have an i-Phone you can get an app that works with an OBD2 wireless reader. Now, I am not sure how good/accurate they are but it may be worth a shot since a garage will probably charge the same if not more to run diagnostics on the car.

Think the wireless OBD2 reader is about £30. I know someone who has one. If you would like me to find out more then let me know.

Yeah that was my first thourght. Soliniod. They common to go down?
And no i havernt yet mate but do work in a garage and have access to code readers ect but havernt had a chanve thanks for the help guys :)

yeah i see what your saying mate.

** try the reset joby

i do have a hondata ecu vtect has been lowered to 5k

Seeing as the ecu is non standard it stands a good chance in being the problem.

Its spelt Solenoid.

Of you have kmanager, datalog it and have a look at the logs to see if the vtec solenoid is operating.

It could be sticking when hot.

OK so i plugged into it with works obdII scanner firstly MIL light status. on
But light not on, on the dash (sum rite j*****s has properly taken the bulb out)
codes stored p0132 witch is 02 sensor 1 i believe
so will this effect my vtect the way i described it ??

oh and witch lambada sensor is sensor 1
the sensor on the cat (mynes decat) dose this matter
or the on on manifold/downpipe

Sensor 1 is the primary.

The first one.

A duff sensor will affect the engines performance drastically

Back