• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

no vtec

It's doubtful.

Do you have the kmanager software and a lead to do some datalogging?

If so, you can check to see what the O2 sensors Are reading to determine their health.

Okay... next step

Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1 Sensor High Voltage
edit: bank 1 = pre cat, the AF O2
that code mostly is the result of air fuel screw up...
Running too rich...

Where and when did you get a remap?

Be careful with this one, this might be bad! Don't want to scare you but it could cause damage to various components. My mate flooded his O2 sensor twice by a rich mixture on his mitsu, cost him quite a bit...

Before getting too exited (in a negative manner).. Do the old fashion checklist...

Are your sparkplugs black and/or wet?
Is there liquid in the exhaust?

An AF failure is often the cause of a sensor failure, and there are many... (map, O2, temp, knock...)
A bad sensor providing bad info results in an ECU doing bad stuff as well.

Note: I am no expert at all, just trying some rational steps in helping you sorting this out.
It might as well be a flat tire causing this (in a manner of speaking)
the car was already mapped by previous owner

and the 02 sensor i got is ngk thought they where perfectly fine ?

im going to try and plug into the k-pro with my laptop

see if that reads any codes ?

or was thinking load a base map back onto the k-pro and see if it cures it ??

If you load a map on, you won't be able to put the original back on, unless the original was put on with the same version as KManager as what you have (highly doubtful).

You should be able to read the error code though.

If there's a fault, I highly doubt it'll be the map.

Ok so tryed to plug into the k-pro couldnt download the driver software because aprently i needed to be connected to the net wile pluged into the k-pro wile still in the car. but my wifi dosn't reach to my drive lol. Wile investigating the k-pro i noticed a black earth wire cut on the block connect from the k-proand on the top ecu bolt enuther black wire with a ring connector. so butt connected them up. re read the obdII and no fault codes?is the a coincidence ? but now my rev counter dose ot work lol ??

Sounds a bit bodgy as if the ecu was modified to resolve a existing problem.

Does the vtec work now?

Back