• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

no vtec

Hi rob, could you take a picture of the ecu blocks please so I can determine which connector/pin it is please.

No need. It's pin 26 I think. Blue wire.

Engine Rpm Signal/crank speed sensor signal

Remove that earth. That's why your rev counter isn't working.

I think you have two separate connections there.

Signal from the ecu to a rev counter or shift light, and then an earth point or said counter/light.

thanks for all the help mate.

i did think it was rev counter.

If i had the car running and put the wire to earth the rev counter dies.

do you think someone had a vtec light fitted before then ?

I would suggets a Vtec light or a shift light or something along those lines....

Does the car work fully now?

This is extremely strange.

Just so I am not trawling through and missing stuff, can you tell me the symptoms, what you have done, and the outcomes please.

so I used an obdII reader one code stored p0132 - primary 02 sensor.

replaced it with ngk sensor still same problem

Where did you get the sensor from?

The other problem.... the ECU/Earth issue, was that a sperate fault, now rectified?

I got it new from unit park because i know they use ngk (witch i thought were good)

and yes the earth fault was a separate fault witch is now sorted

I can't stress enough, that you must use genuine part when it comes to O2 sensors.

All too often people fit cheap inferior sensors and they fail again within a matter of miles.

yeah as milano chris said before

Ill have to get a genuine sensor down from honda waaaah lol

and a faulty sensor would course the vtec to not work as it puts the eml up, and the ecu doesn't allow vtec to work with eml on? is this correct

the only other thing is by turning the ignition on and off when warm i guess resets the light, therefore allowing vtect to work again?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is possible that the O2 sensor works, but not to the parameters required by the ECU.
Out of spec, but physically, electrically working.

Therefore brining up a fault code, disabling vtec for safety reasons.

By turning off and back on again, the ECU will perform a self check on the system and sensors, pick up that the O2 sensor is there, and working, but then after a while when it realises the sensor isn't providing the correct info, will go back to disabling vtec and logging a code.

How long after starting the car for the first time does the light come on/VTEC turn off, and then how long after you re-cycle the ignition does the light return??

this is the thing someone removed the eml light so I can only tell its on if I plug the code reader in.

But evry time the car is cold and driven until warm the vtec doesn't work untill the ignition is switched on and off.

I was thinking maby a temp sensor reading wrong, so would cause the air/fuel to be wrong when warm so would put the 02 reading out??

You need to replace the EML bulb first i think mate to try to narrow the problem down further.

I take it VTEC works when the car is cold/getting up to temp??

You need to replace the EML bulb first i think mate to try to narrow the problem down further.

I take it VTEC works when the car is cold/getting up to temp??

yeah true mate I shall do that.

and to be honest iv never tired it cold in vtec, but i shall try after work today

Back