• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

No way son :lol:

MUXY

Wiperblade Master
I have just started a new job and one of the guys in the same office said that his son was after a CTR. His sone is 21 and I said.."ooooo insurance , fast car etc etc" so I thought I would take him for a spin today as he had not been in one and he wanted to check one out for his lad.

After a little VTEC blast for 10 minutes or so..his conclusion is........

"This is too fast for my lad...........but I am going to get one for myself!" :shock: :lol: :lol:

I should have been a salesman. :lol:

At 21 its not that bad, but it was only 2 months before I turned 22. Wasn't more than £1200 I think

Can't really blame the chap can ya, it's a cold hard fact that under 25's crash waaay more than any other age group, and young lads <21 normally have big off's. I think I'd do the same thing if I had a family.

Im only 21 and i've had a ctr for a few months now.
got it just after my 21st!
yes the insurance is quite a bit, just under £1200 but definately worth it!

Ben was 17 when he picked up his CTR. Altho the rules on insurance has changed a bit in the last couple of years.

I got a quote the other day for a Astra VXR. Fully comp it came out at £600. Add Ben... £3,500 :shock: :shock: :lol:

It's kind of nice being an old bird :wink: :D

Jap Tart said:
Ben was 17 when he picked up his CTR. Altho the rules on insurance has changed a bit in the last couple of years.

I got a quote the other day for a Astra VXR. Fully comp it came out at £600. Add Ben... £3,500 :shock: :shock: :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jap Tart said:

:shock: :shock: Wow!!!

I would have thought driving a CTR for a number of years would have made it cheaper :?

zeffania said:
Jap Tart said:

:shock: :shock: Wow!!!

I would have thought driving a CTR for a number of years would have made it cheaper :?

As a named driver he doesn't get the benefit of no claims to reduce the premium :lol:

Back