• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Noise coming from back of car advice needed

Been driving car recently every time I change gear between 1-3 at low speed up to 30-40 I have noticed a strange noise after its coming from the back. I took it to the garage and the guy did say that the exhaust has a hole in it and its blowing. Has anybody else experienced this problem I do need advice asap thanks haz.

Define 'strange noise'. Is there a hostage in the boot?

Fix the exhaust leak for a start.

Hard to explain like hazz said I will sort the exhaust out first them see if its still making noise.

The manifold is at the front of the firewall, the bit of the body between your knees and the engine and it connects to the b-pipe roughly under your feet, so that shouldn't sound like it's coming from the back.

You've still not said what a strange noise is. A rattle, a buzz, a tapping, a throb, a boom, a whistle, a drone, etc, etc...

As soon as I change gears I can hear something rattling I would say between 1-3 coming from the back only reason I thought it might have been shield cover is because I was reading another post. I just need to know if this is the blown exhaust causing it or something else?????

Back