• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

noise coming from middle of car

I have a buddyclub centre pipe back box fitted at about 3krpm I can hear something touching a metal like a tin rattle. Its definitely not heat shield that's removed and ivtec cover is sitting fine the noise is from centre of exhaust any ideas thanks.

Hi there, it could be the same problem I'm experiencing. I have a skunk 2 megapower r and the exhaust sometimes vibrates against the chassis. I've put some high temperature silicone between the top of the exhaust and the chassis it helps until the exhaust gets hot and then vibrates at around 3000 rpm. I've tried all sorts to sort it. It's worth checking you exhaust clearance from the top of the exhaust to the chassis.
Cheers.

Hi there, it could be the same problem I'm experiencing. I have a skunk 2 megapower r and the exhaust sometimes vibrates against the chassis. I've put some high temperature silicone between the top of the exhaust and the chassis it helps until the exhaust gets hot and then vibrates at around 3000 rpm. I've tried all sorts to sort it. It's worth checking you exhaust clearance from the top of the exhaust to the chassis.
Cheers.
Thanks for replying mate upon closer inspection earlier today the noose is actually coming from the drivers side wheel and the steering feels heavy towards right the exhaust is rattling a bit but this noise at 3krpm is definitely from the wheel area its a noise like something is touching a moving object any suggestions as I need to do a long trip on a motorway in 2 weeks so I can get it sorted thanks haz.

I'm not sure what's causing your noise mate. I would get it checked out at a garage. Hopefully be something simple and cheap to fix.
cheers

My exhaust hits my front ARB at low revs when reversing and when the cars hot giving it some low down the revs sounds like a rattling vibrating sound

I'm not sure what's causing your noise mate. I would get it checked out at a garage. Hopefully be something simple and cheap to fix.
cheers

I don't think its a cheap fix mate went to see the mechanic today and I revved the car up to 3krpm where you can hear the sequel. He had a closer inspection and said its either the alternator bearing or one of the rollers where the belt is on. He said its a whine and nothing much to worry bout. He said either have to recondition the alternator with new bearing or need a new roller. I still need advice from someone on here who has experienced this problem before as I don't really want to waste money on nothing so keep me up to date if anybody has an idea cheers haz.

I recently had a squeal on my EP3. It was the Idler pulley (as you look at the engine, it's the top pulley on the aux belt - left hand side of the engine bay). Whilst it was off it was noted the crank pulley was falling apart. Idler pulley is easy to get hold of - I got mine from Tegiwa at £37. Crank pulley was £100 from Honda. They had to order it in so it took a few days to arrive. No problems since.

I recently had a squeal on my EP3. It was the Idler pulley (as you look at the engine, it's the top pulley on the aux belt - left hand side of the engine bay). Whilst it was off it was noted the crank pulley was falling apart. Idler pulley is easy to get hold of - I got mine from Tegiwa at £37. Crank pulley was £100 from Honda. They had to order it in so it took a few days to arrive. No problems since.

Well my noise is coming near the alternator its probably the idler pulley then or might be bearing. Nothing is loose the whole belt seems to be running fine. At 3krpm there's a noise near the alternator. And also what rev range was you squeal at?? Did it go once car was warmed after 10-15 mins?

It was noisy most of the time, but more so at 2-3k RPM. Belt was still tight on mine, but replaced it at the same time as the pulleys. Spray a bit of silicone grease on the idler pulley bearing and the belt itself. If it silences it, you know it's the idler pulley. If you need it, Euro Car Parts stock the aux belt. There are two sizes, one for AC equipped cars and one for non AC.

It was noisy most of the time, but more so at 2-3k RPM. Belt was still tight on mine, but replaced it at the same time as the pulleys. Spray a bit of silicone grease on the idler pulley bearing and the belt itself. If it silences it, you know it's the idler pulley. If you need it, Euro Car Parts stock the aux belt. There are two sizes, one for AC equipped cars and one for non AC.

I will spray some silicone spray on the belt and idler. Most likely it is idler I'm going to order it from Honda with aux belt rather have genuine parts. Also its nothing to do with alternator isit??? And if someone can put a picture up of what part number I need thanks.

I had a look at this I did spray some silicone spray on the belt. The belt does seem a little loose any ideas what this could be? An also the top pulley is that the water pump... Could someone show me a picture of the car with the pulley idler where I need to spray so I can figure out what's wrong the noise goes after 10-15 mins when cars warm.

Back