• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

noise when braking o/s front. whole car shakes at 75mph

hi guys just got my car back from the garage today it went in for new front lower arm bushes tracking and new tyres now when i brake the car has a slight squeaky grinding noise coming from the O/S front wheel that gets louder the slower i go. The steering now shakes when driving at 75 mph i tried to accelerate to 85 to see if it went but its still there i'm now 220 quid out of pocket an the car is worse than when it went in any suggestions what it could be cheers karl:mad::noseblow:

My findings

Right i checked out my car today in the light and they have screwed up the balancing when fitting the tyre they put the valve spot in the wrong place and as a result they have put half a ton of lead on the wheel to balance it. First thing in the morning i'm taking it back and demanding they sort it out otherwise i'm thinking of trading standards. I could have done most of the work myself but with the cold weather and my lack of a low profile jack i thought it would be less stress for me to take it in and have a pro company sort it (big Mistake) so from now on i'm doing it all myself will never let another hand touch my baby.:santa:

I still haven't found the grinding squeaky noise pads are good back plates aren't touching had new wheel bearings 6 months ago i am at a loss now..8-(

took it back today the boss wasnt there just some trainee so i gave him a lesson on how to fit and balance tyres the correct way lined the yellow spot up with the valve put it on the balancer and only had to put on about 1/4 the amount of weight on they did before and i actually cleaned the wheel so they would stick properly this time as the only thing i can think was wrong was that it threw the weights the first time now the car is perfect job done...:D

you say alot less stress if you send your car to the garage but like you say do it yourself, thats how you get a lot less stress and you know the job is done to your standard.

Back