• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Noisy Diff

Not a major problem, and might be totally normal, but now I'm pushing on a little more I'm surprised how 'noisy' and how 'agricultural' feeling the diff is on the car - it's far worse than the RS megane that I had previously. It's not a problem but just wondered if anyone else found the same?

Nope.

Not heard anything I would consider a 'bad' noise (other than the odd bit of brake squeal)

What kind of sound are you referring to?

As above, what sort of noise? Sounds more like it’s had a plated diff fitted.

Torsens can be noisy. I drove an MX5 with one and I was surprised how much you could hear it. Take a drive in my Skyline with its full Two-Way, you’ll never complain again :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup can be noisey, the thing is with cars like these there are compromises. Personally I don't mind a bit of noise from the car doing its thing, adds to the the theatre of the experience which is why you would never see me driving a Golf R for example, everything is so ok I think becomes well a bit dull.

Thanks for the replies. It was just reassuring to hear that it’s not a specific problem to my car. I’ve had lots of diffs over the years in s2000 m cars gtr but the civics is the grindiest diffiest of them all !

Like what it does with it;)

Back