• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

North West tuners

Hi, does anyone know of a decent jap tuning place in the north west, im about to buy an EP3 and would like to know any places that you guys recommend.

Grinspeed in Leyland. He doesn't do remapping but will do the wrench work.

TDi-North will do both.

Grinspeed is in Leyland, Stevie is a superb mechanic & an expert with gearboxes.

Paul at TDI North (Warrington) is one of the top, if not the best UK mappers when it comes to the Hondata ECU's.

No. Don't mess about.

Go where you've been recommended, learn from others mistakes.

I first went to TDI back in 2005. Stevie at Grinspeed is a Rally Mechanic & has worked with the top names, he used to work at TDI off season.

Back street garages can FOAD!

Whereabouts are you?

I'd either go to the nearest or at least give them a call and decide for yourself.

I'm In monton, near salford, I think that TDI looks decent and not too far, I've come from the VW world so I had awesome GTI on my doorstep so just trying to find the honda equivalent.

Both Grinspeed and TDi-North are a league above Awesome if I'm honest.

TDi-North are an all in one like Awesome though and will do mapping on site on their dyno.

I've been that impressed with Grinspeed that I get him to look after my Subaru now I've changed car.

I've used them both and I would highly recommend both.

Second Walkdens comments - Stevie @ Grinspeed did my clutch & front engine mount on my EP last year, I did a 100 mile round trip to go to him.

Top bloke and he did it in about 4 hours. Unlike some garages that quote 8 hours for an EP!

I'd definitely recommend TDI north. I went there at the beginning of December, 3 hour drive up there, 3hour train journey back and the same reversed to collect the car all on the back of good feedback on here and it was well worth the journey. I'm also planning to do the same again to have a lsd and clutch fitted in the next couple of months. Very knowledgeable and friendly bunch of guys down there. They also done a couple of touring car races as well, you couldn't really take your type r anywhere much better and safer to be honest

TDI North are the daddy of all aspects of Type R tuning and would agree with Loxy in that they are a cut above Awesome GTI. I went to them for a K100 & full dyno tune & it totally transformed my EP3, Paul West certainly knows what he's doing. They have recently extracted a reliable 650bhp from an FN2 with their custom turbo setup. Epic!!

Back