• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NOS?

A work colleague's best mate just so happens to be the north east rep for wizards of nos, and we've been talking about what I have planned for my EP3.. and he said that for the money/bhp increase NOS would be a better option and has quoted me £650 for an 80hp shot... + an extra £200 for a maximizer to control the increase in power

Anyone looked into this or know anyone thats done it??

Is it abit risky on a standard set up?? and do you think some precautions should be taken i.e. torque damper?

And with me having a standard setup would it be best to get an induction and exhaust system first?

Forgive me if Im asking n00b questions... this is the first time Ive wanted to and looked into modifying a car :)

80 bhp seems a bit excessive but i don’t see why 50bhp jets should do any harm

You want a wet kit fitted as this injects nitrous and the required extra fuel , and with the maximizer controller it means your engine takes less of a beating , you can set it to start with say 35bhp and increase it to 80bhp as you accelerate rather than just beating 80bhp straight into your cylinders....if you can really afford it go for the direct port kit...safest out the lot!

people run 50+ bhp extra on standard engines when they fit supercharges and turbocharges....no reason why a well set up nitrous system should be any more detrimental or dangerous.
Without KPro, how can the amount of NOS injected be controlled?

I was always under the impression that NOS controllers didn't work properly on K20's without KPro. I may be wrong. I'd still rather chuck a grand at intake and exhaust or springs and a FRSU rather than NOS.

the nitrous controler would have nothing to do with the Kpro as it is a stand alone unit, a wet nitrous kit adds its own fuel to compensate for the extra oxygen that is being supplied to the engine.

I would personally spend the money on an intake/exhaust first.

There is little to no pint doing it to a standard engine in terms of bolt on.
You won't get the best out of it otherwise.

Kpro does have an option to control nitrous chris, you're right.

It adds extra tables to compensate/control

Paul West ran NOS back in the dark ages.

Took me for a spin too. It was awesome.

2004 = EP3 dark ages.

Never used NOS and have absolutely no clue about it, except what Ive seen on Fast and the Furious, but Im curious. How long does a bottle last, and how much is it to refil said bottle.

Never used NOS and have absolutely no clue about it, except what Ive seen on Fast and the Furious, but Im curious. How long does a bottle last, and how much is it to refil said bottle.

Im sure it was a 11lb bottle i had, was £60ish to fill and with 35ish bhp jets it was circa 10mins in total from the bottle ....

Sounds OK for down the strip, not so good for everyday use.

Im sure it was a 11lb bottle i had, was £60ish to fill and with 35ish bhp jets it was circa 10mins in total from the bottle ....

So if you filled it up every week, thats £3,000+ a year.

Like Loxy says, not for road use.

So if you filled it up every week, thats £3,000+ a year.

Like Loxy says, not for road use.

Your lucky if i filled it up 4/5 times a year, when you think how long the `bursts` are when you use it .....10/20/30 seconds at the most really...

I will mate. She goes on Holiday tomorrow for a week so next week will be a quiet one for me, except working hours.

Back