• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Number Plate

Just wondering which way you think is best to attach the number plate to the ep3 civic? square or normal? Does the sticky tape stick straight onto the bumper?

I'd use something more substantial than just tape, unless you want them to be nicked! Plus, legally speaking, you're only allowed to use square plates on imports, not on domestic models mate!

That sticky tape is mental strong.

There is no way you're pulling a number plate off without breaking the plate.

Therefor I approve of the tape, used it in the past and will be using it again.

You need;

sticky%20fixers.GIF

Used these loads and never had any probs, just use about 10 on each plate.

Thanks for the replys.. will them stickers stick straight to the bumper as i tried stickers on my ek civic front bumper and they didnt take grip..

Yep, just make sure it's clean and dry first. White spirits will be best but soapy water will do.

Do you think they look better?

Attachments

• 870999-1.jpg
    870999-1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 870999-7.jpg
    870999-7.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like square plates on EP3s, especially on the front, the number plate recess is just far too obvious.

I've always used trim tape to stick my number plates on, I've never had a problem. Just make sure you prepare the surfaces before sticking it on. The bond is very good, you couldn't pull it off without breaking the plate. I used fishing line to get an old one off in one piece, took several mins, no longer than it would take someone to unscrew one... I personally don't believe theft is an issue.

I am putting my car through MOT without being spread so if i use the tape, will it be easily removed so the bumper can be painted?

Back