• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Nw Honda Civic Wheel Woes

Also its rumored Honda are doing a refurb replacement for £100 but I wasn't told this at the time so not sure how true it is

I am having a chat with insurance Monday as I will be replacing my wheels with some TD PRO RACE in gloss black and keep the OE for winter tyres.

Same plan as me, except I was thinking bronze. Have you had chance for a test fit?

Same plan as me, except I was thinking bronze. Have you had chance for a test fit?

I was looking at the TV and saw the V8 Atom on a TG re-run and I must say the Gold with the red and black looks sweet! was thinking Gold myself but not 100% sure.....Insurance dont seem too happy about none OE wheels, They need to call me back...Once Insurance are hunky dory, then a trip to TD for a test fit....wont be for a couple of weeks though...

Will you go with OE tyres on the TD's? or a wider more side wall defence against wheel damage, not sure what size will go under the arches without any fouling though...cant be bothered with all that..

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s only come in 18s not 19s, but still sticking with 235 width.

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s only come in 18s not 19s, but still sticking with 235 width.

Yeah LOXY I got that wrong its the 1.3s I am going to get, difference being no writing on the rim of the 1.3's and they come in 19 inch too and I am assured they will fit - looking at 6 weeks lead time in gloss black - I have offered a test fit session - What did you say the offset was on the OE rims?

ET60 for OEMs.

The only issue with the 1.3s is they are 11kg compared to the 1.2s at 9kg.

OEM are 11kg though.

I am leaving the wheels as they are. I have been assured that is the way they should be. Any issues with your own cars, its between you and your dealer or Honda UK. I cant comment on any other owners alloy wheel issues, as I said I would not and my word is my word. So I will leave it there.

Last edited by a moderator:
:confused:

That has got to be the most random ending to a thread in a while.

So no action was taken and you've agreed with Honda that this is how they should be?

As long as you are happy I guess that is all that matters.

Given the rather "interesting" wording, I'm suspect a compromise agreement where they've paid him off to keep his trap shut and say nothing.

I wish they would have paid me off to be honest, but they just really, really wanted me to cancel my order. :lol:

I wonder if things would have been different if I had played the, "Do you know who I am?" card? It's not me to do that though, so we can but ponder that question.

I am leaving the wheels as they are. I have been assured that is the way they should be. Any issues with your own cars, its between you and your dealer or Honda UK. I cant comment on any other owners alloy wheel issues, as I said I would not and my word is my word. So I will leave it there.
Haha this makes me chuckle....

Hope your enjoying your new freshly painted wheels

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Soooo I wonder what happened with these wheels then? Are the finishes on new cars better in terms of the wheels? Smells like a money saving exercise only painting the outsides!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back