• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Odd idle

Pulled up tonight from work did the usual sit there a couple of mins on tickover to let the engine settle and i noticed the revs sat slightly higher than normal and then they dropped below 1000 almost 500 (anymore it felt it would of stalled) and then the revs suddenly picked up again and stayed at normal, so i gave the accelerator a few taps and there was a pause before it registered on the rev counter but then the idle was ok. Few mins later i tried again and it happened again, happened twice in 15mins. Everytime the revs dropped and then corrected itself i noticed the fans kicking in (not sure if its linked), the cars only done just over 22500 had a service in january, oil and coolant checked every week, not been modded (except k&n panel filter) and i was plodding along all the way home so didnt rag it, never had this happen before could it be the ECU.

It might do if the dealer can replicate it.

It can do it of the car has been stood or if it isn't driven much.

You could try the Italian tune up method and see if that clears it.

Back