• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oem airbox cold air feed ep3

Okay so I have bitten the bullet and taken off my ebay special typhoon copy and refitted the oem box, miss the sound but it does go better on std airbox !

Anyways question is I was looking when refitting and noticed the standard airfeed ends just above the top of the radiator but I have noticed a hole just behind the passenger headlight which to me would be an ideal place to fit a larger airfeed to the oem box, would this be worthwhile doing or am I just peeing into the wind ?

Cheers

Dave

Without other mods you wont see any difference. Engine may breath a little better but with the same panel and exhaust set up there's only so much air that can be taken in burnt and thrown out.

The more volume you take in means the more volume the car needs to be able to release.

most times with an engine its best to find what's the most restrictive In the system. Inlet manifold , exhaust manifold , centre section and so on. These will free up the most with a map.

Thanks for the reply and yes you are correct was just looking at the oem setup and thought cool air from lower down might help :)

Have not done it yet.... I'm on the lookout for a cheap aem cai but will probably do the hondata mod if it actually does anything ;)

Back