• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oem cat restrictive? Solution.....

Guys, what you think of this standalone japspeed sprts cat designed to fit Oem manifold and catback.

179 for the sports cat, 288 with the manifold!!

Posted on the ctro forum.

Japspeed said:
Hey Guys, We have just received our new Honda Civic Type-R EP3 High Flow Sports Cat Downpipe!!!

This item is designed to allow the maximum gas flow while still passing the dreaded emissions test come MOT time!

As always we are going to provide you with a great Buy It Now Price!!!!!!

Check It Out! :wink:

_DSC16852.jpg

_DSC16912.jpg

_DSC16902.jpg

_DSC16832.jpg

This downpipe removes the very restrictive catalytic converter and replaces it with a 100CPI high flow sports cat increasing exhaust gasflow, improving throttle response and power.

Features:

* CNC mandrel bent T304 polished stainless steel.
* Fully TIG welded for strength and durability.
* Features an integral resonator wall to minimise exhaust boom.
* 2 1/2 Inch (63mm) bore all the way through with 3/8 Inch (10mm) thick flanges.
* Perfect fit with standard or any aftermarket cat back system.
* Lambda bosses fitted to accept OE lambda probes (O2 sensor).
* May require lamba probe inline resistors being fitted to prevent the dash fault warning light being triggered.
* Improves BHP and torque over the entire RPM range.
* The most cost effective way of releasing power from your car.
* Gaskets Included.

Fits Honda Civic EP3 Type R 2.0 K20 2001 - 2005 models.

These retail on our website for £199.00 but we are offering these to you guys at £179.00 Delivered!

To get your hands on these all you need to do is call me on 08450 212 312 with your card details ready.
Or if you prefer you can send a paypal payment to [email protected] with a note attached to the payment providing me with your contact details, shipping address and a note of the product you wish to order.

I look forward to sending some of these out to you guys soon.

Paul

Is the Oem sports cat restrictive? Is it Just a matter of unbolting the Oem cat and putting this on?

Yeah it would, but don't faff about with them, if you want gains you need a race header it's as simple as that.

Yeah it would, but don't faff about with them, if you want gains you need a race header it's as simple as that.

So surely a bargain for 288 delivered when combined with this?
Japspeed said:
Hi Guys,

We've just taken a new delivery of our Full Race Manifold and Downpipe's and thought we'd offer you guys a nice price :-D

160.jpg

Features:
* Made from highest quality T304 polished stainless steel.
* CNC mandrel bends, fully TIG welded with CNC machined flanges.
* Lambda boss fitted to accept Lambda probes (O2 Sensors).
* Supplied with an integral decat downpipe to connect to Your OE or aftermarket exhaust system.
* Will significantly increase power and torque.
* Oxygen simulators may be required if dash warning light is triggered.
* One of the easiest and most cost effective ways of releasing power from your engine.
* Improved gasflow and tubular construction produces a deep sporty tone.
* This item will NOT pass an emissions test and is sold for off-road use only.
* Gaskets included.

Fits Honda Civic EP3 Type R 2001 - 2005.

I googled it earlier

Cpi is cells per inch

So it would be a 100 cell cat

Apparently a very good quality 100cell will pass an mot if very hot, but a poor 100 cell cat won't pass.

Only way to find out if it's mot passable is to fit and get emissions checked

It's either or mate.

You can't use that full race header with the sports cat.

Sports cat will bolt up to the OEM sh1t shorty header.

Sports cat will join with this;

807.jpg

Waste of time, money, and effort. If you're wanting real power, as Dotty says, just get the full race header and forget about a cat.

Buy cheap buy twice. Firm believer of that. I'd go for a second hand branded header.

If truth be known you're not going to see any significant gains with a cat in place, sport cat or not.

Unless it's the Piper one with sports cat. That performs quite nicely.

But still, 2nd hand Toda or DC sports will be pukka, me ole mucka.

James and Dott are spot on bud, you will not really see any majour gains with a CAT in place. The only way you are going to see power is with a full race header;)

So given that my main criteria is to retain a cat, are we saying changing to a aftermarket manifold with sports cat is not worth it?

Back