• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Official New Type-R info including interior pics etc...

Also available will be a fully-equipped GT version, with additional features such as cruise control, dual zone air conditioning, fog lights, automatic lights and wipers and curtain SRS bags. A voice-activated, state-of-the-art navigation system is offered as an option.

This sounds very interesting. I was thinking about my next car having a few more comfort gadgets as doing 30k a year in a stripped down car that I get to use to its potential maybe once a day, gets a little tiresome :wink:

I don't see whey reworked the engine and also made the car more aerodynamic when it has the same power and 0 to 60 times, seems a waste of time and money to me. They should have just left the engine alone as you'll notice nothing different.

Also great its made in Swindon it will rattle and creak like mad! Honda have never fixed the rattles in my car, they say its expected on a 3 yr old car....strange how my my last car a Ford which was 5 years old never rattled, neither does my Dads Focus, my mates Golf etc I could go on...

If im honest, It wont live upto the EP3, they gave it the biggun on the 'weight' and produce a car with 1 more bhp and thats heavier.

My advice it...wait for the release of this one and get a bargain EP3.

- Kevin.

Shackbleep said:
cruise control in a Type-R

Blasphemy! :shock:

Will save my licence :lol: :lol:

9 points and I still find myself on a motorway having a heavier and heavier foot :wink:

Jason said:
I don't see whey reworked the engine and also made the car more aerodynamic when it has the same power and 0 to 60 times, seems a waste of time and money to me. They should have just left the engine alone as you'll notice nothing different.

Also great its made in Swindon it will rattle and creak like mad! Honda have never fixed the rattles in my car, they say its expected on a 3 yr old car....strange how my my last car a Ford which was 5 years old never rattled, neither does my Dads Focus, my mates Golf etc I could go on...

I'm guessing it will be slightly heavier so the added torque and that massive 1hp will equal the difference :lol: :lol:

Don't worry about the rattles mines had them since day 1 I just accelerate harder to hide them..................... I find it works :twisted:

Thank fook I didn't hold out and wait for the release. I couldn't bring myself to drive that. Doesn't deserve the Type R brand in my opinion.

Whats with the creature comfort controls on the steering wheel all about?

Bazzer said:
Thank fook I didn't hold out and wait for the release. I couldn't bring myself to drive that. Doesn't deserve the Type R brand in my opinion.

Spot on :(

- Kevin.

Bazzer said:

Exactly Bazzer - if this is the future of Honda and the Type R brand maybe alot of enthusiasts will be looking elsewhere. :x

All very true points and agree with all of you :(

A car that's heavier with not even 1bhp more...hmm

Maybe a future mod will be to add the new CTR gearbox into the EP3 seeing as it's shorter ratio'd, will make acceleration a bit better :twisted:

Remember, today more than ever they need to sell cars, there is no doubt that our CTR is the best selling Type R to date, in Europe at any rate. Folks today just expect more for there money. And at least you seem to have an option whether or not you want all the extra widgets.

Taking into consideration moder expectations, emissions and safety to both user and driver/passangers. I doubt they could in all honesty make a DC2 again...at least not in this sector of the market.

Having said all that, would I have one, well nope, still think it looks fugly from the back :D.

I do rekon it would not take long for someone to fit a JRSC though ;)

Back