• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Official pics and details from Geneva!

I'm very dissappointed.

I thought people off the other forum were meant to be making suggestions to Honda about what they wanted?

It's a Type-R FFS, it should at minimum have Recaro's, LSD and be no heavier than 1200kg. I can't see that happening though. I don't give a flying funk about Air conditioning and how good the stereo is, if those were in my line of considerations I'd look at an ST3 or a Golf GTi, both of which would do a far better job at filling the "Estate Agent" style hot hatch.

They might give it more steering feel, but unless they sort out the weight issue, and the fact the car seems to sit high (which won't aid handling at all!), just like the standard newer civic's, then I fear it'll be an also ran.

Judging people's opinions so far I think Honda has made a bit of a boob :shock:

It should trying to appeal to enthusiasts like us not driving us away.

I've said from the start I'll be sticking with my EP3 and no doubt so will many other people now.

Unless Honda has managed to extract something really special from this new chassis then I'm afraid that it might turn out to be let down.

I am confident this time though that we will see an LSD fitted to UK spec cars.

I just hope that they don't go and make another 'full blooded' JDM version - that will really be an insult a second time round.

I guess we just have to wait and see what the reviews are like.

Anybody think there'll be an RR version now???

Honda have never talked about an RR though have they? Just been press speculation? :? Would be cool though, somthing extreme like Renualt done for the Clio producing the 3.0 V6 RWD monster. :twisted:

MilanoChris said:
It'll be a K Series powerplant mate. Just slightly different ECU etc. I just hope that the current KPro will work on it for the sake of people who are trading.

Hopefully it will be like the 2005 model RSX-S, where the ecu was different, but Hondata have made a ecu plug converter, and you can still use the old style PRB ecu.

Jon

N8 ORTS said:
Honda have never talked about an RR though have they? Just been press speculation? :? Would be cool though, somthing extreme like Renualt done for the Clio producing the 3.0 V6 RWD monster. :twisted:

Doesn't it say in the press pack more cars will be shown at the car show in July. Doesn't say what that refers to though.

If it is properley stripped out and they've reduced the weight, then I'd say it should appeal to the enthusiasts. No drivers aids, lighter car. Same engine power, less weight will be more bhp per ton, so a faster vehicle. They need to focus on the steering feel, which is terrible on an EP3 as we all know.

I'll wait until July and see what's on offer. I'd consider getting one, especially to throw around a track if it really handles.

Power isn't everything. Don't get too hung up on it not having 220bhp+ like the latest incarnations of hot hatches. I'd rather a NA car, than a turbo, and I respect Honda for keeping it so. Just wait and see for now I think.

I thought the new civic was hideous untill I looked around one on the weekend......I will wait until I see a new Type R in the flesh before I make my mind up. :wink:

I will probably wait for the 'facelift' which will be 2 years later....then all the pissy little faults and customer requested 'tweaks' may be ironed out. :wink: :lol:

Personally..a raw stripped out racer does not suit my needs....., but neither do I want all the sat nav, traction control etc etc stuff either.

IbizaRich said:
N8 ORTS said:

Doesn't it say in the press pack more cars will be shown at the car show in July. Doesn't say what that refers to though.

If it is properley stripped out and they've reduced the weight, then I'd say it should appeal to the enthusiasts. No drivers aids, lighter car. Same engine power, less weight will be more bhp per ton, so a faster vehicle. They need to focus on the steering feel, which is terrible on an EP3 as we all know.

I'll wait until July and see what's on offer. I'd consider getting one, especially to throw around a track if it really handles.

Power isn't everything. Don't get too hung up on it not having 220bhp+ like the latest incarnations of hot hatches. I'd rather a NA car, than a turbo, and I respect Honda for keeping it so. Just wait and see for now I think.

Now i REALLY can't wait for the london motorshow! They're showing them off more there and i got tickets for the first day! Sweet!

Theres also a 2km tets track being built there so you can test drive some cars. I doubt the type-r will be test driveable, but as SOON as they turn their heads, i'll nab it ;)

I personally like the look of it. I wasn't that impressed with the new Civic in photos but having sat in one at a dealer I really like them now. Worst feature of the cooking car imho is the full-width headlamp glass at the front, but the new CTR does away with that. There are a few fussy details but dark colours mask the effect and give it a more integrated look imho.

To me the desirability of the car will depend on how much steering feel it's got, LSD or not, and weight. In other words are they going back to thinking like they did when they made the UKDM DC2, or are they just continuing the EP3 theme :?:

On the modding front, it won't be worth buying one until 12 - 18 months in until all the tuners start developing the parts. Pretty similar to the way it went with the EP3.

Definately will be be sticking with my pre-facelift for another couple of years at least

I imagine the same thing that happened when the New Focus came out has just happened to the Honda bods - disappointment. :?

JonCTR said:
Definately will be be sticking with my pre-facelift for another couple of years at least

Me too fella. 8)

That Back End is a fooking Nightmare!!!! :shock:

Why o why couldn't they have made it like the one in your avatar Scouse. That looks awesome and virtually everyone liked it.

Such an oppurtunity missed. The new Concept CTR looks like it's had a run in with a Halfords shop and being painted at the early learning centre.

I know people weren't keen on the EP3's looks, but that was because it was a little understated and looked like most hatches. That 'thing' though.... dear o dear. It'd best drive like a bloody 911 or I fear it will get some slatings in the reviews.

CTR_Paul said:
Why o why couldn't they have made it like the one in your avatar Scouse. That looks awesome and virtually everyone liked it.

I know mate - that would have been the dogs danglies!!! :twisted:

Instead we get Bella Emberg. :shock:

On the other forum, EvoStu says that they still havent decided on a production engine. This is hinted at by the lack of detail in the press pack:

"Same power output as previous version.."
"..a new 2.0 litre engine.."

Ok..so they could have an updated engine that whacks out 197ps... but that is highly unlikely. One of the following will happen:

1) This is just a pre-production car..the production one will have new engine with 200+ ps

2) The engine will have 200+ps but will deliver more torque

3) they are gonna make this veeeery light.

There is no way on earth Honda would sell a new type R that had a worse power to weight ratio than the current type-r, and have the cheek to make it cost 18k.

gringosteve said:
There is no way on earth Honda would sell a new type R that had a worse power to weight ratio than the current type-r, and have the cheek to make it cost 18k.

Not convinced. Both the EK9 and DC2 had better power to weight ratio's than the EP3.

The JDM DC2 has a better power to weight ratio than the JDM EP3 and the JDM DC5 in both facelift and pre versions too.

If it's not heavier I'll be amazed.

RE: Engine, if we see much more than 215bhp I'll be surprised, and the Yanky engine that produces that uses ITR cams IIRC.

IMO :wink:

Scousefella said:
CTR_Paul said:

I know mate - that would have been the dogs danglies!!! :twisted:

Instead we get Bella Emberg. :shock:

The pic in Scouses avatar is a concept also, the real thing looks like this............

honda_civicsi_6spdmtwnavandperformancetires_2006_450x225.jpg

Not as nice as the new CTR in my opinon.[

CTR_Paul said:
gringosteve said:

Not convinced. Both the EK9 and DC2 had better power to weight ratio's than the EP3.

The JDM DC2 has a better power to weight ratio than the JDM EP3 and the JDM DC5 in both facelift and pre versions too.

If it's not heavier I'll be amazed.

RE: Engine, if we see much more than 215bhp I'll be surprised, and the Yanky engine that produces that uses ITR cams IIRC.

IMO :wink:

Mmm fair point. I didnt realise the EP3 had a poorer power to weight than the EK9. I was under the impression (probably wrong) that the EP3 was quicker than the EK9..??

215 sounds a likely target..and one i could live with if the handling has been an improvment.

Otherwise its just a heavier EP3 with a funky body....and a bigger price tag.

I love the look of it though

Back