• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil and Coolant

Hi I have a CTR 2003 today I were checking the Oil and Coolant levels and they both are looking quite low. My questions are:

The oil seems to be at the bottom marker of the dipstick so how much oil should I top it up with?

How do I check the coolant level I have looked in the expansion tank but it appears to be empty or maybe I just cannot see the fluid. Is there another way of checking?

Thanks in advance.

Dipstick - There's 1litre between minimum and maximum.

Coolant - It should be brimmed under the radiator cap and between the 'min' and 'max' on the reserve tank. (Civic's don't have an expansion tank).

All this is stated, complete with pictures in the owners manual.

Ive got no min and max mark on my coolant bottle. How high do I fill?

Do I fill half way up the tank [before the neck]?

Mine hasn't:-

Is my level OK?

P1020488.jpg

That looks ok. There is a level on them all, but not on that side, they didn't just make one without a level just for you. ;)

Any idea how much the coolant is? They say you have to use Honda's own special stuff as any other coolant corrodes the engine.

That looks ok. There is a level on them all, but not on that side, they didn't just make one without a level just for you. ;)

I just found out where the min max mark is! what a stupid place!

Yes, the coolant is a ready mixed solution 'Honda All Season Antifreeze/Coolant type2' PN 01999-900 available from Honda.

You will not need to change it for 120,000 miles or 10 Years.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-10-27 at 10.17.59.png
    Screen shot 2009-10-27 at 10.17.59.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 33
Back