• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil Change.

So, I bought my CTR 3 weeks ago from a main dealer. They showed me the full service history, and that they had just done a service on it as well.

So all was good. Got home and the next day i checked the oil level to find it was clean, but was way way to full. So i gave it a full new oil change myself.

Now I know the K20 takes 4.4 ltrs plus 0.2 for the filter, check out the picture of how much I got out.

Really scary, this from a main dealer.

I had to empty it and I managed to suck out a further 0.3 ltrs. So in total I sucked out 6.4 ltrs. :eek:

A clue to who the main dealer is in the pic.

Wtf !!! The k20 takes 4.8L inc filter , looks like you have removed loads , main dealers a :evil:

WTF that is unbelievable! Good on you for changing the oil straight away. I bet it drives way better with the correct oil level now?

Unbelievable.
I bought a type s from Evans Halshaw and was the worst experience in 30 years of buying cars.
Glad you spotter it before any damage was caused

I've never trusted Dealers.

Since changing the oil and putting it to the correct level, I've notice the engine warms up quicker and my MPG around the doors has went from 23mpg to 28mpg.

i did a longish journey and got 38mpg, but if I vtec I drop to 23mpg lol.

Could you guys tell me your MPG's? I'm used to a 1.8 fk2 getting around 42mpg.

I'm amazed it even ran at all with that much extra oil in it surprised it wasn't spewing out of the dipstick !!!.... probably let the apprentice do it.... that's disgusting tbh

My EP3 takes a firm 5l of oil and the level is perfect. A little more was required when I took the sump off to fit the baffle as it was completely empty.

If I am sensible I can get 27-29mpg urban and around 36mpg on a run.

Back