• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil choice for FK2

Was just wondering what oil I should use for my FK2? Also Honda told me it should only be half way full???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honda oil 0w-20 Type 2.0. Unless you fancy trying to find one to the same spec.

Should be to the top of marker when parked on the level and I found typically stood for about 30 mins.

Cheers mate what do you mean to the same spec? That one sounds good where can I get it from?

Right ok thanks.

Haha its been a long day! All this rain has gone to my head...

So I have put a whole litre of oil in my FK2. When I put the dipstick back in its still not half way in between the 2 dots....

Its the first time I've put oil in since I bought it 6 months ago. Done 4500 miles...

Didnt realise the VTEC was so thirsty....help?

So I have put a whole litre of oil in my FK2. When I put the dipstick back in its still not half way in between the 2 dots....

Its the first time I've put oil in since I bought it 6 months ago. Done 4500 miles...

Didnt realise the VTEC was so thirsty....help?

Fill it to the top marker. Make sure you are on flat ground though. It is usual for FK2s to use oil to be honest.

Also my temperature gauge is just under half way is that ok?

That's spot on.

Ok then well how much does the oil tank hold? As I dont want to overfill it.

The entire sump? 5.4 litres from empty.

It should be roughly 1l from bottom to top markers.

If you can't see it very well, dab it on some kitchen roll to see where it's up to on the stick. Shows up much better when it's clear.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Yeah just checked it it's all good. Must have needed time to level off for a bit.

Can be a bitch to read sometimes,
I purchased a 2nd dipstick from hendy performance for around £18, carefully removed the orange plastic with pliers which leaves you with an easy to read flat metal dipstick with min & max holes already in it, I keep it in a poster tube & use it for checks only. Makes reading a lot more easier, especially if you're running 0w20

Back