• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil filler cap won't budge!

Hey guys, i just went to top up my oil but theres a problem, i can't unscrew the cap, it won't budge, not even a tiny bit. Its like its welded to the block! I'm not exactly a weak guy , but with all my strength i can't get it to unscrew, has anyone else had this issue? I've tried unscrewing it when the engine is both hot or cold, but no luck, i need to top up the oil, what do i do?? :confused:

By the way if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it to the relevant place, i'm new here so still learning the ropes..:D

My plastic one used to stick and I couldn't open it by hand. I'd put a cloth over the cap and use pliers to get it off.

Gently does it though.

Cloth over it and gently hammer it open.. Then buy the mugen one I'm selling and you'll never have that problem again

Back