• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil Filter Relocation.

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience in relocating their oil filter?

To me it just sems a real handy and practical modification.
I have seen a kit from m-factory but are there any other kits available?

Any advice?

Rob

I bought a kit from Japspeed, they are £180 for a seven row cooler and the relocating kit (Though had it for £130 cash at Japfest :D). Looks a good kit but I am going to have to look for a suitable place to locate the filter to, seeing as it took what felt like forever getting the filter off last time.

Just a question wont this mean you have to run more oil as its a longer run and also wont this put increased stress on the oil pump ? just a thought

Just a question wont this mean you have to run more oil as its a longer run and also wont this put increased stress on the oil pump ? just a thought

It shouldn't do, thought more stress would occur if there was a restriction in the pipes. Yea there also would be a slight increase in oil. Though have decided to just locate the filter somewhere easier to get access to it. I am leaving the cooler out for the time being and if I decided I wanted to go on track in the future I'll put it in.

The kit looks good, just got to get a proper spanner to do the parts up seeing as a normal spanner would damage the fittings.

Back