• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

oil filter removal tool.

Hi all,

im about to service my ep3, but im wandering if anyone knows where the best place to get an oil filter remova tool from, the one that pushes onto the rear of the filter. Ive seen them on the tegiwa site.

cheers carl.

Machine Mart, Tool Station, Screwfix, Halfords.

They all do the same thing, just remember you get what you pay for.

As its the first service i will be doing,as ive only had the car a month and a half, didnt know what was the best course of action.And didnt want to damage the old filter causing oil to spill under the engine. Think i will order the one from tegiwa, as im going to be keeping the car for some time.

Thanks again.

Tried the filter and it was hand tight, so ive only put it back hand tight, thanks guys for the help.

I use oil filter pliars as i service vans and cars regularly.
There only 8.99 and fit any filter i have needed to change
Plus there handy on big things holding or undoing
Get the lasor brand as the others break

Double check your filter after a few miles as i done my shortie hamp hand tight and got a little leak. So i had to tighten it with a tool and this stopped my leak :p

Back