• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil help please

I have done a search and read 8 pages of the opie oil thread but still don't understand if I need synthetic or fully synthetic that I can just go to my local euro car parts or motor factors. Cars a 05 ctr

Thanks

John

Hi mate, in Type R's always use fully synthetic oil. 5w 30 or me personally I use 5w 40 as it seems less top ups.
cheers

My brother in law is manager of FPS motor factors so I can cut out the middle man and on his account I'll end up getting it for next to nothing. In my other 400hp drift cars I've always used millers 10-60 as they live on the limiter for long periods.

I always use fuchs 5w 40 fully synthetic in my ep3 and the misses fn2 with a stubby Hamp filter. My best mate uses the same in his high compression dc2 aswell and that is driven hard

Back