• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil level a couple mm over....

Hi,

Just had my EP3 CTR serviced and all 5L of oil was put into the engine.... is this going to be OK if I don't thrash it? Its about 2-3mm over the maximum hole on the stick.

A lot of my friends run on track and run their cars 1mm or 2mm over the maximum level, they've all said it should be OK....

Should I drain some off? I've done about 50 gentle miles so far....

Regards
A worried CTR owner....

Just think, when honda designed dipstick the will have factored in some human error, as in your engine will still be safe if its 1/2mm below the min or 1/2mm above the max...

At the end of the day. How accurate is a dipstick... Some oil may still be settled elsewhere, and your parking surface not level etc.

yeah, seems to be the done thing for track. think its used a little this week going to work and back so it should have settled. Hopefully this weekend I can stretch its legs - not easy to do in rush hour with compelte R-soles left right and centre....! :)

Ive had mine at about 5mm above the top mark without any issues, even at full razz nothing changed. Even my pressure gauge hasn't changed from what I expect. 75psi at full throttle.

Back