• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil system issue

Tarticus said:
9k is too high Pete on the stock system aswell as running into potential rod issues!

well 8975 Then :p

On a Serious note I running mine at 8650 :) It only goes a little higher for drag racing as I aint hitting the limiter crossing the line :p

I wouldnt go over 8600rpm unless you have uprated valve springs because you will get valve float and a big repair bill. :!:

tp said:
Tarticus said:
9k is too high Pete on the stock system aswell as running into potential rod issues!

On a Serious note I running mine at 8650 :) It only goes a little higher for drag racing as I aint hitting the limiter crossing the line :p

I wouldnt go over 8600rpm unless you have uprated valve springs because you will get valve float and a big repair bill. :!:

i assume tarticus has uprated valve springs?with limiter at 8650 :?

paul said:
tp said:
Tarticus said:

i assume tarticus has uprated valve springs?with limiter at 8650 :?

I thought he was still on stock springs?

Standard Limiter is 8250 on K20A2's and 8400 (or is it 450) on K20A's.

LOL you can see how long I had K-Pro I forgot even what the standard limiter was :) I been speaking to a few people and valves and such should be ok at the revs im running so im happy.

Like I keep saying to people, I really dont drive it hard daily only really gets driven in anger at the drag strip

Back