• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Oldest DC5 driver.

Hi.

Just thought I would start this one off to see how many wrinklies out there are driving a DC5.

With fear of sarcasm here we go. I was born on 04091943 and me and the wife have an Arctic Blue Pearl 2004 DC5 with black interior.

Its an absolute gem of a car and a hoot of a drive. Its practically immaculate. We had a Milano Red DC2 before that and it was an equally enjoyable car.

Regards. Allen.

Hi.

Just thought I would start this one off to see how many wrinklies out there are driving a DC5.

With fear of sarcasm here we go. I was born on 04091943 and me and the wife have an Arctic Blue Pearl 2004 DC5 with black interior.

Its an absolute gem of a car and a hoot of a drive. Its practically immaculate. We had a Milano Red DC2 before that and it was an equally enjoyable car.

Regards. Allen.

PS. Dont dare ask for some pics. Its not a pretty sight. The car looks well though.

Welcome to the forum :D .

Great to see a big variation of age on the forum.

Hi.

After a while I was hoping to shout out loud "Power to the wrinklies" I suppose I still can but its gonna fall on deaf wrinkley ears. Seems there's not many of us in DC5s. Oh, what are they missing out on? I should say.

Still Im surrounded by young people which is not a bad thing.

I like young people they wind me up sometimes, it keeps me on me toes.

Thank you all for the comments/replies etc. Regards. Granty.

Hi.

After a while I was hoping to shout out loud "Power to the wrinklies" I suppose I still can but its gonna fall on deaf wrinkley ears. Seems there's not many of us in DC5s. Oh, what are they missing out on? I should say.

Still Im surrounded by young people which is not a bad thing.

I like young people they wind me up sometimes, it keeps me on me toes.

Thank you all for the comments/replies etc. Regards. Granty.

Great post Granty.
Just noticed you are in whitby, a lovely place to live. is the Magpie cafe still doing the best fish and chips in the uk?

Great post Granty.
Just noticed you are in whitby, a lovely place to live. is the Magpie cafe still doing the best fish and chips in the uk?

Hi.

It is yes. The trouble is you can't get into the place without waiting an age. But people still seem prepared to wait for a table. It is quality food and It is worth waiting for. Regards. Granty.

Turned the big 4 0 in the summer and I feel old compared to these whipper snappers but fair play to you Granty

Good on ya Allen :cool: there was me keeping quite thinking i was the grandad.........I'm a 1946 vintage and loving my DC5 Type IS.

Was brought up on the early the Lotus Elans Europa's and Sevens, built them from kit form and enjoyed immensely......Then mortgage kids etc......put paid to that, catching up now though and toying with getting a Type R.

One good thing being a wrinkly is LOW LOW insurance :)

ATB

Ron

Hi Ron.

Sorry for the late reply. Meself brought up on, Morris 8 Tourer. Rover 10. Austin A90 Atlantic. Rover 2000. Two Sciroccos. Audi 80. DC2 UK car and finally 2004 DC5 in Arctic Blue Pearl. One Japanese owner and imported just over two years ago.

Its a super little car and enjoying every minute of it.

Regards. Granty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm 47 with a cosmic EP3, I hope to think I will be hooning around in a jap car in my 70s.

Well done on the DC 5, great cars and a great colour.

This forum has a great diversity of ages yet everyone gets on so well....... A credit to everyone here and the folks that run the place for keeping annoying people out.

Regards
Baz

I eventually did upgrade to a Competition White DC5 Type R and wow its great, cant believe how tractable the engine is, pulls from 20 mph in sixth gear (i have a light foot) but when you want it it's a screamer (Mmmm Vtec) i lurve it. Another plus i'm getting 38 mpg with no motorways.....What a car :eek:

I'm the first UK owner and it's standard except for a 5Ziegan exhaust (not loud) and uprated recarros. Thanks to Torque GT for a great deal and excellent customer service.

NewTegPics059.jpg

ATB

Ron

Back