• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

On my travels today... (2)

I'm not sure guys, is the new CTR actually made in UK or Japan? The photo may show cars manufactured in UK on their way to delivery to dealers here in Japan..... If you look at the two cars on the lower level of the trailer, these aren't sold abroad, as far as I know..

The JDM EP3's are actually manufactured in the UK, then shipped to Japan - as it would make no sense to have another assembly line here for them (EP3's only sold in very small numbers in Japan compared to DC5's). Note that EP3's in Japan each have a UK flag on the back...

I don't follow UK motoring manufacturing news, but assuming the new CTR is made in UK, then (Just as with the EP3) it's unlikely that it'll be worthwhile importing these back from Japan. Bear in mind they'll go down in price fairly quickly, within a few years in line with other cars that are commonly used as company vehicles in UK.

With all the costs to import, Import Duty, VAT, Model Report, E-SVA, road tax, registration, warranty, etc. the new CTR would be from around £19,000 OTR for a brand new example imported from Japan.

Now, if the rumour is true they'll make a Type R S2000.... Hmmm, that'll be interesting!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Miguel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Miguel,
I took these photos on the way to Nikko from Tokyo. It was just past the Gunma area (Note the Japanese license plate on the trailer). These are not the UK Civic. They are the Asian saloon shaped Civics. I believe they are made in Japan, or maybe another Asian country, definitely not in UK.

A Type R S2000 is on the cards according to the guy from Nihoncar.com, so start saving up now for the end of the year. :twisted:

You're right - They're not the UK Civic shape (Like I say, I don't follow the UK motoring news much :p )

So these are JDM spec 4 door versions then, I wonder if Honda will import the UK models to Japan.... I'd imagine not, judging by the poor sales of the EP3 here.

Anyways, from around £19K at current exch. rates will import one of these to UK, brand new.

Miguel.

I am soo tempted by one of these.... I really am!! I'm going to be keeping an eye for one of these in a year or two :twisted:

They have it listed as an indicated 5 seconds to 60 :eek: Hmmm That is impressive if true, though I rekon a tad optimistic. They also say the most powerfull N/A 2ltr in production at 225ps. I rekon S2000 owners would argue that point :D

Anywhoo still liking it, and some of the options are cool as performance related parts...adjustable suspension for example :cool:

I realy like this car apart from 2 things

them mirrors bolted onto the doors (bad idea they tend to rust off when the car gets older)

and indicators on the wings like pre facelift ep3

Back