• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Out with the old, in with the new!

Hi there,
This is the first time i have posted on here so any guidance would be much appreciated.

Anyway, the story so far is that i brought my first civic type r in cosmic grey (best colour in my eyes) a while back.

DSC00604.jpg

DSC00607.jpg

Was over the moon with it for the whole time i owned it until this happened! :smt022

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

Still, every cloud has a cosmic grey lining and i brought this with the insurance money, a premiere! :D

IMG_0599.jpg

This photo was taken on the day of purchase, didnt realise how much better the recaros were! :lol:

IMG_0600.jpg

Not gonna go silly with modifications, just subtle things here and there. So far i have fitted silvervisions front and rear.

Rear before

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

Rear after

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

Fronts

(1/2 way through)

DSC01083.jpg

Using these bulbs on the front and philips silver visions on the rear.

DSC01080.jpg

Other than that is just my trusty Alpine head unit (plays and charges all ipods/iphones through a dedicated usb line)

IMG_0611.jpg

Which i have routed to come out near ash tray for easy access (white ipod cble)

IMG_0610.jpg

You'll have to excuse the seat covers, but the recaros only come out on special occasions, and i drive this to work every day and to football and dont want to risk damaging them!

Ive got a few engine dress up bits coming in the post soon so will put some pics up as soon as ive fitted them and cleaned it! Sorry about the quality of the photos, photography aint really my thing!

Any comments/suggestions welcome, thanks for looking!

Cigar lighter is upside down.

Yeah, well thats one of the reasons i signed up to the type r owners forum, for advice/guidance. Ive been meaning to sort it for ages but its too daunting a task. Has anyone got any advice or is there a step by step guide on how to sort this?

Hello & Welcome mate. Looks nice.

What happened with the original?

Hi, cheers!

long story but basically god created earth and then roughly billions of years later he decided to create a puddle and a **** in a mondeo within 50 metres of each other, which resulted in a massive aquaplane!
Still, new one is a year newer and is a better model, so happy days really!

Welcome fella :) Sorry to see your first motor had an unfortunate watery 'cuddle' with a mondeo but bet your well chuffed with your prem? I have a cosmic prem and love it :)
:lol: @ Neilys' OCD :lol: I thought the same thing :lol:
Just spin the lighter in its housing fella so it faces the right way up ;) Me & Neily will stop obscessing about it being the wrong way then ;) :lol:
Enjoy the motor :)

Yeah shes tip-top, so much better thanks! Cosmic prems are mustard in my opinion, although i do like the black ones,
...............and silver,
...............and red,
...............and the white jdm ones! :smt054
So basically i love em all!
Was really after a set of jdm mats to go with the red carpets in it but cant really afford the crazy prices on ebay and main dealer cant help, so im just gonna go for the black ones!
Can anyone recomend a good engine degreaser/cleaner?
And also what colour are standard calipers cos i need to sort mine out, they look poo at the moment!

Last edited by a moderator:
good to see someone with the french premier. looks nice mate. the recaros are cool as fcuk too btw.

Yeah shes tip-top, so much better thanks! Cosmic prems are mustard in my opinion, although i do like the black ones,
...............and silver,
...............and red,
...............and the white jdm ones! :smt054
So basically i love em all!
Was really after a set of jdm mats to go with the red carpets in it but cant really afford the crazy prices on ebay and main dealer cant help, so im just gonna go for the black ones!
Can anyone recomend a good engine degreaser/cleaner?
And also what colour are standard calipers cos i need to sort mine out, they look poo at the moment!

Yeah I really wanted a NHB one too but my cosmic came up at a bargain price and it's only paint. I don't think I would of been able to cope with how dirty a NHB one would look the day after washing anyway :lol:
Not sure on the engine degreaser fella but I know the standard calipers are grey (prob the colour they are now) unpainted. Many people paint them red, and on prems which have Type-R embossed on the front calipers, paint the Type-r white.

Yeah I really wanted a NHB one too but my cosmic came up at a bargain price and it's only paint. I don't think I would of been able to cope with how dirty a NHB one would look the day after washing anyway :lol:
Not sure on the engine degreaser fella but I know the standard calipers are grey (prob the colour they are now) unpainted. Many people paint them red, and on prems which have Type-R embossed on the front calipers, paint the Type-r white.

My thoughts exactly on the nhb cleaning side of things, they look bang on when they are clean, but im not as motivated as a lot of people to keep it showroom.
Yeah i know they have the 'type r' on the calipers but im thinking all one colour, maybe black, dont want it to stand out too much!

My thoughts exactly on the nhb cleaning side of things, they look bang on when they are clean, but im not as motivated as a lot of people to keep it showroom.
Yeah i know they have the 'type r' on the calipers but im thinking all one colour, maybe black, dont want it to stand out too much!

I'm finding it hard to keep my cosmic clean at the mo with this ruddy bloody volcano dust everywhere, god help me if I had a NHB :eek: Bit obscessed with keeping it clean :(
All one colour calipers would look cool. I was thinking of doing mine Cosmic with a white 'Type' And the 'R' in red. Black would look nice though imo. There is a thread somewhere on here about prepping and painting calipers if your not sure what to do?!

Back