• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Outside Temperature Gauge

Is it me or are they really crap on the CTRs. It seems way off than some of my mates cars.

For eg, last Friday morning when I came into work, my mates RX8 was showing it was -3, my other mates Vectra was showing -2, another guys Freelander was showing -3 and my CTR was bloody showing 2 degress celcius. That is way off. :evil: :x :? :roll:

Are they crap on the CTR's or something. Also according to the weather the temperature was sub zero. :evil:

Mine is way off, but she's kept indoors so the temp should be a bit different.....after a few miles it starts being more realistic.

Isn't one of the sensors on the top of the dash though?

Dotty - I though there were 2. One on the top of the dash & the other one was outside.
If it is in the engine bay, then like you say.....it's gonna be well out!!!

As far as i was aware i think you have to be doing a constant speed eg 30mph to get an acurate readout although i could be wrong... :smt102

Just did a little research and found out your temp gauge can be adjusted at your dealers!

Thanks for your replies people. I'll have to get mine adjusted then. Not that the outside temp gauge is that important but it's just a matter of principle that it should be pretty accurate really, otherwise what is the point having it. :roll:

Thanks anyway.

The temp sensor is in the engine bay and you need to be traveling quicker than 25mph.

The one that is inside the car is for climate controll on other models iirc.

milano_chris said:
The temp sensor is in the engine bay and you need to be traveling quicker than 25mph.

Well done that man :wink:

N8 ORTS said:
LeeH said:
Push the stick for 5 secs to adjust the reading +/- 3 degs.

Just tried it, nothing happened. :?

:smt017

Not sure mate.

Was it set on temp when you tried it??

Try holding it for a little longer :idea:

milano_chris said:

Im pretty sure its in the wingmirror. 8)

Fastgut said:
milano_chris said:

Im pretty sure its in the wingmirror. 8)

:oops:

Always thought it was the engine bay.

Back