• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

P0131 o2 Sensor Fault Won't Clear

Been having primary o2 sensor issues to the point of actually taking it to Honda for them to fit a new Primary o2 sensor. Error code is P0131 Bank 1 Sensor 1 Low Voltage Fault. It is not on all the time and only seems to come on after giving the car a thrashing then driving normal afterwords.

Any body had a similar issue?

I get this every now and then, usually i get it after washing my car and leaving it stand over night or if i don't use my car for a few days. i've noticed using v power or momentum seems to prevent this from occurring more often but in all honesty it just needs a new lamba sensor

Been having primary o2 sensor issues to the point of actually taking it to Honda for them to fit a new Primary o2 sensor. Error code is P0131 Bank 1 Sensor 1 Low Voltage Fault. It is not on all the time and only seems to come on after giving the car a thrashing then driving normal afterwords.

Any body had a similar issue?

Could it be that you might need to replace the Secondary O2 Sensor at same time

Hey benztyper,

have the same problem since last week.Its weird.
After my rebuild last year there was a failure with the O2 heater. I´ve ordered a new one from uk, same problem after a week.
So i changed the Sensor again and then it worked until last week.

Same like you, all is fine but after a short full speed run the Engine light goes on when i´m at idle rev.
P0131. I already checked all the wires, but it´s fine.

I have no idea!

I used a aftermarket one. Worked a year.
But another thing.

Is your engine temperature ok?
My one is not, the thermostat is not working so the temperature is to low and the injection is to high.
Too mich fuel, and this will kill the o2 sensor.

So check the thermostat too before you change the o2 sensor.

Back