• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

P0135

I am getting this code on my car for some reason and it keeps coming back when I clear it. My car is decatted but I have never had this code before. If any thing I would be expecting the cat efficiency below threshold code. Would this affect the performance of my car?

P1035 on a bmw is to do with the o2/lambda sensor. i have no idea how many there are on the EP3, there are usually 2 on beemers. perhaps it is to do with you decatting and needing one of those o2 sensor fooler things. or the lambda sensor in your car is up the spout.

Its definately the O2 sensor code I know that, its for the oxygen o2 heater sensor but i would have thought the SECOND o2 sensor would report a code as it is the one after the cat.

Hmmm

sorry doc this is beyond my level of knowledge, one of the decatters will have to help you. didn't you have a post somewhere else about the decat knackering your performance? perhaps this is all related.

Yea I did which is why I am asking the question. Basically its the only code I get on my car yet it does not feel quite as fast accelerating as it used to. Revs from 1000 to about 3000 - 3500 take an age and it feels like theres a flat spot and then it picks up, whilst my mates type r which has 10,000 more miles than mine and is standard, revs with a lot of power behind it. I'm not sure if the DECAT has something to do with all of this. If it is i may just go and get the cat fitted on it.

Ok well from the OBDII book it is a O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 fault. The O2 heater shows a curcuit high resistance,short or open curcuit or high resistance or short in the wiring.

Basically the ecu runs in open loop for the time until the lambda sensor starts working (as they will not work below a certain temp which is what the heater is for) and the ecu times the elapsed time between first turning on and the time it starts working adjusted for the coolant temperature.

Basically the outcome would be that the ecu would run in open loop and so use more fuel and possibly be very slugish. As you say it keeps coming back (and i take it you have some sort of lambda defeater for the second sensor with a decat) i would be checking the wiring etc to the first sensor and look for broken wires. If that fails then replace the sensor itself.

Could it be the fuse? Do you know where the fuse is for this sensor? I do not have the cover under my dash any more!

Back