• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

P0141 fault code

Yo.

So this fault has been covered a number of times.

But.

I hit a badger today, said fault code was thrown up.

Here are my questions - if I buy a new o2 sensor, what will I get? Is it the entire sensor and associated loom that runs along to the plug in the bay?

If it is, from under the car it looks to be a fairly simple DIY job.

If it is literally just the sensor that's provided and will therefore require associated electronic work, it's going to a garage.

I'm guessing the sensor is the issue, as the surrounding area is covered in badger fur. I was doing about 70mph when I hit said deceased badger, and the fault came up straight away.

I've had a fiddle with the sensor and reset the fault, but it keeps popping straight back up.

Hi there

This error is P0141- O2 Sensor 1 Sensor 2 Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank

Are you running decatted exhaust or are you running K-PRO?

Yes its fairly DIY job,just I would recommend get the 22mm Lambda tool,this tool cost from Halfords around £9

Yes when you will buy new Lambda sensor/O2 sensor you will get full with associated loom

You shouldn't need to go to the garage for anything to wire it or anything to do,if you are good with tools

But still I would check underneath the car if wires on the Lambda sensor are not damaged or if lambda is not pulled out from the plug

Thanks,Jura

Getting the sensor out will be the hardest part. As above, it has a loom on it already, it just plugs straight into the socket and I think it has a little clip to keep the cable tidy.

I believe its a good idea to replace the front and rear sensors at the same time. Only purchase Denso or NTK brands as others may not kill the light.

I've had a P0141 code for about 2 months now but it went off the other day and hasnt come back on... winner.

Thanks all.

Exhaust is standard other than a Spoon B pipe. No KPRO.

There are a load of little clips under the car, I had it up yesterday and had a good dig about under there.

Yes there are lots of clips,which shouldn't be hard to get off,I would put car on the stands and do this on stands,better will be to go on the ramp
Just be prepare to use lots of WD40,but usually shouldn't be hard to remove O2/Lambda sensor

But still I would check wiring if its OK,sometimes damaged wires can cause this or pulled plug from socket can cause this,this doesn't mean you need new Lambda sensor,just double check and then you will decide if you are need new Lambda sensor

Thanks,Jura

Back