• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Paint in need of help

I have a NHB type r and the paint is not in the best condition a few swirls and scratches. I was thinking of getting a meguiars g220 polisher but was worried I will do more damage than good as I have heard they are difficult to use, is this true. what polish is best to sort out the paint as i would love it to look great again.
Cheers

I have the Porta Cable, the equivalent and have had no issues at all. Obviously dont hold the pad in the same spot for a long time as it will burn through the paint but thats common sense.

The best polish I have found is the Menzerna.

Check out http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/ for all your cleaning product needs.

I've got the G220 and I had no problems with my NHB CTR.

As Lottie has already stated, the only problems you get is if you repeatedly polish the same area without moving the polisher (thus dispersing the heat). Also avoid polishing on crease lines as you concentrate the pressure on these areas and are more likely to burn through the paint work.

I use the Megs professional polish with the G220. #80 and #83 IIRC on a medium and fine pad. Should do the trick. Just remember that the paint is quite soft and thin, so just take your time and be careful. Do a bit at a time and see how you go. You'll soon see what combination of pad/polish is best to use (you should start with the finest cut polish on the finest pad and work your way to a more aggressive combination if required).

hey type raaaarrrgghhh lol nice name :D

did you buy the g220 polisher in the end mate??
i have been wanting to get this thing for months :lol: and i am now glad that other ep3 ctr nhb owners have it :D

this website does a good deal and price has just come down as i have had my eye on it for a while, i have not polished/waxed my car since had it for 2 years :eek: however I don't drive it much and the paint work is in good condition, really shines after a wash every 2 weeks or so, but now have a few scratches and swirls so was thinking of this kit:
http://www.shinearama.co.uk/product.php?id=MEG-G220KIT1

i realy need to do mine. Its covered in swirls and holograms. Im worried that i am gonna do more damage then good if i attempt to machines polish.

i've just given mine its post winter clean, it was looking quite bad kinda champ brown lol tar spots and general crap stuck to it all over (on cw this stands out so bad). always find its best to start with tar/bug remover for the worst crap up the sides and back wipe that down then clay bar the whole car. mine wasn't to bad for swirls or scratches so just a meguires cleaner wax all over followed by a coat of gold class wax and will put a sealer on it this weekend. do this to all cars i've had after every winter keeps them looking good. i always worry using a machine to polish if its not been clay barred as the pad can pick up an scratch the paint. hope that may help out anyone looking to spring clean thier motor

true true, but didn't have any lol be fine *** as i wax it alot now its not so wet and dirty on the roads. quick detail and spray wax after washing seems to keep it shiny and tar free. but i only wash it in the winter so it gets in a fair state hence the spring clean lol

Back