• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Painted calipers; yay or ney?

Considering painting the calipers on my SS facelift ep3 red. I'm wanting to do some more little touches to personalise the car.

Love how it looks on cars on here, but not sure if it will look over the top a bit chavvy in reality. Any thoughts?

IMG_0840.jpg

It was my 3rd modification,i painted mine silver and they looked rubbish after a week so there now red on a silver ctr and look spot on.

Calipers came painted red on mine and i think they look pretty good. Not clear on the pic but front and rears are both painted

I'd paint the carriers as well though and finish it off. I don't understand people who just paint caliper itself....it just looks like the brakes are tiny. They don't look that big as a whole let alone just the caliper part.

Does painting your calipers really qualify as a modification :lol:

My first modifications were a tank of fuel and a magic tree

hammerite is usualy the paint of choice, preferably the smooth one, they do loads of different colours now so im sure youl find one you like. mine were red on my silver ctr and did look good but have gone lime green now (im a little on the crazy side)

030-1.jpg

033.jpg

How does it look with the wheels on. I think with black or silver wheels that could look good!

037.jpg

not realy into black or silver wheels lol
friend of mine has a pulsar gtir with satin black wheels on and lime green calipers, looks pretty good

ahhhhh, it would apear you dont aprove of my wheel colour choice, i must point out that i do like bright colours and to stand out a fair bit. i painted them knowing that many wouldnt agree with my choice of colour but doesnt realy bother me, they were painted to make the car stand out and get attention, and people commenting (good or bad) means its getting attention, mission completed

Back