• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Painting your Calipers

Foxy red said:
Slight resurrection I know... but I'm actually doing this next week whilst I'm on holiday.

Where is the cheapest place to buy caliper paint?
(Going with proper caliper paint as I've heard that Haemorite blisters at high temperatures)

Cheers,

Natalie

I've never heard that...... Hammerite is pretty tough stuff.... :?

Neily03 said:
Foxy red said:
Slight resurrection I know... but I'm actually doing this next week whilst I'm on holiday.

Where is the cheapest place to buy caliper paint?
(Going with proper caliper paint as I've heard that Haemorite blisters at high temperatures)

Cheers,

Natalie

I've never heard that...... Hammerite is pretty tough stuff.... :?

Someone posted about it on here and I remember it as it was something I was going to use. He just said that that was what he had used, but when breaking hard, the disc had heated up and blistered the paint :shock:

zeffania said:
Come on Foxy, post up your new pics since it was finsihed today

Yes Dear :roll:

I'm posting more pics of my mods later on today, but have to wait until Ben gets his bum out of bed. But I can show you these.......

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

What do you think?[/quote]

I'm impressed! I was hoping to find a kind man to take pity on me and do mine but I think I'll give it a go now!

Hammerite all the way, red on my red ATR lasted well over 2 years without signs of problems, silver on my black S2000 :D 8)

000_0410.JPG

000_0411.JPG

000_0854b.jpg

I wire brushed, cleaned with meths then masked off and painted with Hammerite :wink:

Back