• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Painting your Calipers

No idea but whatever it costs it's too much! :lol:

Paint them youself, very easy to do, just take your time with a couple of brushes, one med and one for fiddley bits :wink:

Redcap said:

Paint them youself, very easy to do, just take your time with a couple of brushes, one med and one for fiddley bits :wink:

Don't suppose you could go to the how - to section and tell me how to do this?

xx

I got heat proof paint in halfords and me a and a friend did it in about 3 hours one sunday afternoon.

Really easy to do, just need a flat surface and two axle stands to do it quickly otherwise its one wheel at a time and a little slower.

zeffania said:
Is this gonna be another one I show you how to do for next time? :lol:

No- I'm a big girl now and can play with other boys to learn how to do this......

... but if you are offering it would save me a lot of time and effort and i would be REALLY grateful....... :D

Foxy red said:
Redcap said:

xx

Get the car jacked up and secure, i prefer to use an axle stand than leave it on the jack.

Take the wheel off

Use a wire brush to clean the caliper up a little.

Get a good thick coat of paint on, let dry i then put a second coat on.

Do this on each caliper jobs a goodun!

james said:
Foxy red said:
Redcap said:

xx

Get the car jacked up and secure, i prefer to use an axle stand than leave it on the jack.

Take the wheel off

Use a wire brush to clean the caliper up a little.

Get a good thick coat of paint on, let dry i then put a second coat on.

Do this on each caliper jobs a goodun!

Nice one mate! thanks x :D

Really easy. I bought a tin of caliper paint from halfords, you can also get some brake cleaner stuff that you spray on first to get all gunk off. I then take both wheels off on one side, making sure car is well supported. Then you can do the front and then while that is drying do the back and visa versa.

ritzctr said:
Really easy. I bought a tin of caliper paint from halfords, you can also get some brake cleaner stuff that you spray on first to get all gunk off. I then take both wheels off on one side, making sure car is well supported. Then you can do the front and then while that is drying do the back and visa versa.

Thanks very much for your help x :D

I used Silver Hammerite on mine :D
ctr30aekei13qv.jpg

8)

The silver looks good- but i have a Satin Silver ctr- so have decided to go for red calipers......

Calipers.jpg

What you guys think?

.....that's not my car......... :oops: the pic was from the old forum....

but yes, I hope my car looks that good when i'm finished :lol:

Slight resurrection I know... but I'm actually doing this next week whilst I'm on holiday.

Where is the cheapest place to buy caliper paint?
(Going with proper caliper paint as I've heard that Haemorite blisters at high temperatures)

Cheers,

Natalie

Back