• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pants in the snow!

low profile tyres with a large width - rubbish in snow

My golf with its 13" steelys and skinny tyres is far better

i think my beemer would be a deathtrap. hence why it hasn't moved since yesterday.

Somebody at work has a beemer and status update on facebook is:

"After being towed out of the snow by two different 4x4 over a distance of 300 yards I decided it would be a good idea if I went home"

My car is not going to move until it all clears. 2.5mm of Bridgestone Pots tread on the fronts is not a good idea in the snow...

I have a snow bound CTR and a 4x4 but decided it would be safer to let my mum drive me to work in her Mini ;):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Came back from London late last night and the roads were bad fortunately I was a passenger in a friends Disco on snow settings:D

i think my beemer would be a deathtrap. hence why it hasn't moved since yesterday.

Yep, I think my 18/35/255's will be the same as having snowboards on!

The Beemer is tucked in, I will be using the CTR in the snow if I have to. However, my other CTR was awful in the white stuff on inclines!

[See my avatar - that day was so funny and scary all in one!]

I just had to get pushed up a tiny hill outside my grans house. tiny bit of snow and it just wheel spins. Deathtrap in the snow and I have plenty of tread :(

No snow here but had a little moment on some ice on a slip road but the VSA kicked in and sorted it out. :)

My bro in Canada has snow chains attached to his rims because he's special.
Why is Catz banned?

Seems strange to me, after driving a '98 EK civic and then my '02 EP3 through snow, I would say the EK was far more controllable. Not just because of the power difference, but there is more feedback through the steering. Both cars had 205mm treads too. I miss that car :(.

Ive done quite a few brands of tyre and Im not just dissing them for the snow general all rounder except road noise I wont have them again

The Pots that were on mine when I bought it were awful. The car would wheelspin in 3rd gear as soon as it started raining. Good fun to start with, if a little scary at times. Needless to say I wore them out within a couple of months.

Then I switched to Toyo T1R's and it started snowing heavily shortly after. T1-Rs are evil in snow and the tread didn't last long either. Now I have cheapo 215/45/17 Nankang NS2's and they're really quite good, they have really surprised me. The Ns2s are cheaper looking than Toyos but can't moan for 40 quid each! The sidewalls are softer than both of the above, but they've been great in all this rain, snow and ice. Whether thats because they are wider I don't know, although you would normally expect the opposite. I'd still rate them better than the original Pots, although on the limit in the dry they do flex a bit more.

Try maragoni's I had them on my ek9 as well quality tyre and at £65 fitted balanced job lot it's £30 a corner cheaper than babstone

Dont u just get the urge to blip the throttle :twisted: Or occasionaly gently apply the handbrake around sharp corners and t-junctions :twisted: :twisted: I just cant help myself :roll:

ALL the time, I think i have that illness..... Obsessive–compulsive disorder...... just have to blip that throttle in the snow and pull the bar!

I got stuck over christmas on ice, was at my girlfriends who's drive isn't level so was driving up it and was going fine.... untill a little kid rode in front on his bike so let him go past (as it was christmas!!!) but when then went to set off again was just stuck on ice! just would not move!!!

4x4 are pretty bad in the snow too, but can just drive straight out the ditch after!

Back