• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Parking Brake MOT fail!

My EP3 has just failed it's MOT on the off side parking brake. Pretty annoying as the parking brake still works but it needs to be done.

I asked a friend of mine to strip it down and see if he could do anything but it looks like I need a new caliper.

Checked with Honda and they wanted stupid money so I was wondering if anyone could suggest a place I can get a cheap refurb from. Time is also critical as I need to get it done by Thursday.

Thanks for the posts.

I'll forward the ideas on to my friend.

biggred.co.uk looks good as it's pretty close.

I managed to get my caliper reconditioned for £140 and that included an hour to strip down and see if it could be cleaned up to pass the mot.

All in all I'm fairly happy but could've done without the expense to fix something that didn't really need fixing.

My re-test is today so fingers crossed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate.

The rear pads are ok and the normal braking is great.

Last edited by a moderator:
It passed and they did it as a retest even though I had done 500 miles and it was over the 10 days.

That place is great!

Back