• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Part Problem and identify PLEASE!!!

Hi guys , having a terrible problem with my 2002 ep3 ctr, it has been taking in excess air for couple of weeks now (resulting in more fuel usage....alot) and finally got round to getting a look at it and it seems the fella i bought from had broken this part and refitted with INSULATING TAPE!! what hell like!
I have tried to get a replacement part..not knowing its name, and after talking to my local Honda dealership they have advised me i need to buy the whole unit!!!!!! which is 4 times the price! :(
I was just wondering if anybody had experienced this before or had the same problem and found a solution...

the part is a little air valve on top of the WATER ASSY OUTLET , its like a little T shaped black air part. fitting onto what looks like a 22mm gold nut.

situated at the bottom right hand side of the head , with an air hose coming from the induction kit pipe!

sorry for the lack of knowledge on part or name.... any help would be greatly appreciatted guys!!!

........?????

only info i can find on it from an NSX forum :

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=473427

Very common part to break.

Speak to Hendy in the traders forum.

cheers stoo
i actually spent al morning talking with Simon from Hendey! his outcome is pretty much the same, bit better price, but i know my local dealer pretty well and think i could get it for pretty much the same price. Although i have to say they are very good at Hendeys, always prompt reply!!
looking like im gonna have to buy the fully part :(

Its the Intake Air Bypass Control Thermal Valve which fits into Water Outlet Assembley and for some stupid reason you have to by the hole unit

Its the Intake Air Bypass Control Thermal Valve which fits into Water Outlet Assembley and for some stupid reason you have to by the hole unit

Cheers Andrew.... does anyone know ...If i was at a breakers yard would i be able change the part with one from another engine ? or any reason i shouldnt try this?? Dont think i can afford the full part at the minute, just payed my tax this week lol Timing great as always!!:rolleyes:

I think most people break this when fitting an intake, i broke mine and used an Epoxy Resin to fix it, never had any issues after the fix.

I found this was broken on the wife's old EV1 when I took the K&N off it when we part-ex'd the car.

Hadn't noticed prior to that, so no idea if I'd just done it or if had been like that for a couple of years. :oops:

No Luck

Cheers For the help lads, it is indeed this intake bypass thermal valve thingy majig!! lol and i went to my nearest breakers after work yesterday! He had 2 ep3 engines in the shed with the EXACT same part i need broke off both of them!! just my luck, and then i found a lovely silver ep3 buddy clubbed to the max in his garage that somebody had been VERY ,VERY wreckless with lol and found the part i needed fully in tact on this one, however when the guy was trying to take it off .... he broke the bleedin thing!!!!!! :mad: i was fuming!(although i did bargain for a bery nice filter with him)
I have one more breaker to try today and if that dont work then im off to Honda :( lol Then again whole new part would come with peice of mind!!

Thanks for the help guys....

Hi guys , having a terrible problem with my 2002 ep3 ctr, it has been taking in excess air for couple of weeks now (resulting in more fuel usage....alot) and finally got round to getting a look at it and it seems the fella i bought from had broken this part and refitted with INSULATING TAPE!! what hell like!
I have tried to get a replacement part..not knowing its name, and after talking to my local Honda dealership they have advised me i need to buy the whole unit!!!!!! which is 4 times the price! :(
I was just wondering if anybody had experienced this before or had the same problem and found a solution...

the part is a little air valve on top of the WATER ASSY OUTLET , its like a little T shaped black air part. fitting onto what looks like a 22mm gold nut.

situated at the bottom right hand side of the head , with an air hose coming from the induction kit pipe!

sorry for the lack of knowledge on part or name.... any help would be greatly appreciatted guys!!!

........?????

only info i can find on it from an NSX forum :

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=473427

have you got a pitcher of this?

I've had my little pipe on and off it a few times and never had any issues. Didn't realise they were so brittle.

Here is the diagram with it on for others still unsure what it is

hose1fe.jpg

Back