• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Passed MOT but...

smeg

Needs to get laid - PRONTO!
I need to get a new clutch.

I took my car for an MOT and asked them to also give the car a service. Yes you read that correctly! An actual service :lol:

The car passed the MOT no problem.

I asked them to inspect the clutch because gear change has become quite 'clunky' and I have to double clutch sometimes to select reverse. New clutch required.

I have been quoted £560 supply and fit. Not by Honda. But is a Honda part.

Is £560 reasonable?

Yeah that is a reasonable price.

I am sure TGM do it for £500 all in though.

think i will take mine down there next month. my clutch is on the way out. got a few miles left in it yet though:twisted: .
how long should a clutch last on a ep3? in terms of miles

Last edited by a moderator:
think i will take mine down there next month. my clutch is on the way out. got a few miles left in it yet though:twisted: .
how long should a clutch last on a ep3? in therms of miles
Depends on how you drive.

how long should a clutch last on a ep3? in therms of miles

How long is a piece of string?? It depends on how it is used.:D

Well my car has 160,000 + miles and hasn't had an easy life so it has done well :lol:

How is the car running with that mileage mate?
And have you had much go wrong?

The car has a few extra rattles than it used to. Nothing that can't be sorted though.

I've had the rear suspension arms or something like that replaced. £150 for new ones. I was getting bad wear on the inside of both rear tyres.

The clutch now obviously needs sorting.

Other than that its bomb proof. It feels quicker than it ever used to :twisted:

I really do think it will see 1,000,000 miles :lol:

The car has a few extra rattles than it used to. Nothing that can't be sorted though.

I've had the rear suspension arms or something like that replaced. £150 for new ones. I was getting bad wear on the inside of both rear tyres.

Only just bedded in like!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good times.

Thats quality mate but from reading on here i think it's down to your attentive servicing schedule:lol:
How long you intend on keeping it for then mate?

Back