• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Passenger airbag

Has anyone had to replace or remove the passenger airbag on their CTR before, mine has packed up 3 times already and now the 4th time Honda are refusing to do it under warranty. They have quoted me £1,800 to supply and fit the air bag which is madness!!!!! I know my way around the car so i'm not fussed about having a go, i've picked up an air bag for £300 (honda wanted £900 for that)

Any tips or anyone ever attempted it......

i think as long as you disconnect the battery it just plugs in, cant see them needing to be programmed to the ECU.

If I was you I would insist on Honda doing it and if they don't take it further. If this problem started while you were under warranty they just cant suddenly expect you to pay for it now the warranty has run out. If it was fixed correctly in the first place non of this would be happening now....

I said all that spoken to Honda UK and was told "that becuase i didnt service my car with the dealer i wasnt intitled to have it repaired as a good will gesture - so i said there telling me that this is an unwritten rule that if you pay Honda £200 to do a 10 minutes job by changing the oil you are intitled to better customer service" and he agreed, apparently it showed i wasnt a valuable customer - i said it was absoluse bullsh** and he was lucky he didnt work in the local honda dealership and i would have come down and broken his nose for saying that, thats when the conversation when down hill.

I then said so ive got to pay £1800 to fix the crap repair from Honda - and again he agreed. So i said i will never by a Honda again.

crap crap crap!!

Well I suggest you get your arse down to your local Citizens advice bureau and get some legal advice. Write Honda a letter aswell listing out what has happened/not happened and your next course of action....
The service you had was it with a VAT registered garage and used Honda parts to Honda schedule?

Back