• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

password jdm power intake carbon fibre! advice needed!

I've came acroos this intake on funkypower website and was wondering if anyone has any detail about it if they are runningit in there CTR?
I couldn't read the newby intake article as it said it was shut this being the reason I post this thread to save that reply!

I'm looking at buying the password jdm carbon induction (power intake) I think it just looks the dugs bollocks in engine bay from online pics BUT in saying that I'm in 2minds as it requires a battery reloaction kit I've found exactly where to get everything all together and to be fair saw a tutorial an looks a doddle.
But what concerns me is that the battery given along with relocating kit is an odyssey 680 battery which when researchin on the net turns out to be a motorcycle battery! I know this may sound daft but need opinion or advice from anyone running setup but can this battery stand upto the job of powering my CTR as a daily driver the same fashion as the battery that's in without dying quicker as it looks like a minute sized battery??????

Thanks much appreciated

I'm afraid i cant comment myself, they claim gains of 18bhp! A little pricey though, i would personally end up going for the tegiwa gruppe m copy given the choice

This makes the engine bay much prettier though... Tough call :/

Not a problem atall mate I think it just looks mint to be fair although 18bhp seems bit to good to be true but aem v2 boasts the same gains I'm sure according to abpmotorsport retail. I like the was both gruppe m an tegiwa replica look but I personally like the way password jdm fufills both aethetics and love for carbon fibre intakes lol!

I'd just really like to know if anyone has any info about the odyssey battery if it could withstand being an everyday daily driver cars battery?

Thanks

It does look like a nice bit of kit but as you have to then buy a smaller battery coupled with the relocation kit it's probably more cost effective just to buy a Tegiwa or second hand Gruppe M which would also save you a lot of hassle. The ITG kits are also pretty good as are the ARC Air boxes (pricey) but you can't really go wrong with the Tegiwa/Gruppe M.

With them being enclosed airboxes rather than open cones they dont suffer badly from heatsoak so performance is improved and they also look great under the engine bay.
Open cones do sound maybe slighly louder but the enclosed air boxes give a nice deep tone which sounds great.

Tough decision mate but I would go for a Tegiwa and save yourself the hassle

Very true mate I found a full package on funkypower worked out to be 496 all in including battery,relocation kit and induction with larger cone! I just like the way it looks mate but have to admit want an induction to give the engine the better performance. I like the tegiwa but I'd rather have the ARC in all honesty. I found one on a site & was only 408 all in for the induction.
But I've got a quesion is it possible to just fit this type of induction without the need for an immediate remap?????
I know that the remap will release its proper potential but I'd hate to buy one and have to wait until I had the funds to remap before I get to fit it
Think both gruppe m and mugen are minted to say the least but I couldn't stretch that far fundwise to purchase one!

Yeah it works out pretty costly when you take into account all the additional bits you have to buy.
The ARC kits look immense but it’s always worth sourcing a second hand one because they are damn pricey when new but the same can be said about the Gruppe M & Mugen Airbox. I would say the Mugen airbox is a bit of waste if your looking for just performance, it looks nice under the bonnet but doesn't offer much advantage over the standard airbox.

Reference the Remap you won’t need to get it mapped after fitting an induction kit, it’s absolutely fine to run an induction kit and catback exhaust on the standard ECU/MAP.You only need to get it mapped if you fit an aftermarket exhaust manifold & de-cat because the car will run lean.
It's true that you see more benefit from any bolt on after its been mapped but it's not necessary to get it mapped, it’s just more beneficial.

Definitely does mate I realised that when I saw it with it only being 219 on its own then the relocation kit with battery 155 and larger cone 100 again excluding tax lol gets pricey pretty quick!
Happy days it was when I read the fast car feature of initial g's civic frankenstein build with arc it just looked immense! An haven't heard a bad words against it if I could I would have a gruppe m but is well out my budget sadly! I sourced one from a link about inductions on here an I was 409 for a brand new arc but it said it was only a dc5 fit which puzzled me I just thought it would fit as is basically same engine as in dc5. It would fit though wouldn't it??
Thanks very much mate for clearing that up for me I was kindo panicking about it as I'd like new induction and cat back then wait a while before going for manifold etc as I had read it would need mapped but I suppose got to start somewhere though! I just had a feeling I would need to blow mega money on getting ecu remap to accomodate for new mods.
What setup are you running on your type r mate? Mine is an ep3 with only a catback I got with the car and my addition of a buddyclub carbon bonnet!

No worries mate, always worth researching and shopping around before you commit to buy especially when your spending £250-400.
Although the DC5 and EP3 both have a K20 engine the fitment of induction kits is different because of the layout under the bonnet, its always worth double checking when people are selling stuff because more often than not items for the DC5 wont fit on a EP3.
Yeah you will be absolutely fine running an Induction kit and Cat back SS exchaust on the standard ECU mate, I ran mine like that for months and it was absolutely fine without causing me any problems. It is expensive to get an EP3 mapped because you will either need a K Pro ECU or the K100 chip so your looking at £700-£1000 which is pretty pricey.

I have a NHB EP3 like you mate, mine is pretty high spec now and it's running 241.8 bhp here is my build thread http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?82270-Ben-s-2005-EP3-Civic-Type-AAAAAARRRRR!

Definitely mate could agree with you more there I've done nothing except try to research the best parts for what I'm looking for! Specially considering the money involved in doing so. Have you seen or know anyone running password jdm intake? Also what gains did your tegiwa give? Credit where credit is due I just went through your thread an the engine bay with all carbon including your tegiwa intake looks immense mate an so does your car as a whole has the deception of being standard but bet it goes like clappers with upgrades you have setup!
Ecu remapping is something I would like but can't stretch as of yet not until my insurance premiums drop a little more next year lol but can't beat CTR ownership I've had mines just over 2months an couldn't have wished for a better car!!

Definitely mate could agree with you more there I've done nothing except try to research the best parts for what I'm looking for! Specially considering the money involved in doing so. Have you seen or know anyone running password jdm intake? Also what gains did your tegiwa give? Credit where credit is due I just went through your thread an the engine bay with all carbon including your tegiwa intake looks immense mate an so does your car as a whole has the deception of being standard but bet it goes like clappers with upgrades you have setup!
Ecu remapping is something I would like but can't stretch as of yet not until my insurance premiums drop a little more next year lol but can't beat CTR ownership I've had mines just over 2months an couldn't have wished for a better car!!

Yeah always worth shopping around mate because the parts for these cars are not cheap, the only good thing about that though is they do hold a good re-sale value so if you ever decide to sell up you can normally recoup a good amount of what you originally paid. I must admit I have not seen anyone with a Password JDM Intake on their EP3, it looks quiet similar to the Intakes used on the EK9 Type R and EK4 VTI Civics. They claim a Tegiwa or Gruppe M can give up to 10bhp when its been mapped but its difficult to say exactly what gains I got from mine, it didn't make the car feel any quicker when I first got it fitted but it does make the VTEC crossover more aggressive and sounds amazing.
Cheers mate yeah the carbon does look pretty sweet under the bonnet, although I had to remove the carbon inlet manifold cover when I had the RBC fitted which was a shame, still looks smart though. I want to get a Carbon bonnet like yours at some point they look quality in fairness, just need to save up for one.

Get the car mapped would be a good plan for the future though mate, makes a massive difference to the mid range power and makes it a nicer car to drive.
It depends how far you want to go but it's always best getting everything else sorted first before its mapped like induction kit, exhaust, exhaust manifold & inlet manifold

With those kind of modifications you are looking at 240+ bhp when its mapped and 255-260 if you change the cams too.
You always have launch control if you go for the Hondata K Pro or K100 which is great fun :)

Is very true mate I have noticed that with people selling used gruppe m's on ebay etc and are still getting almost 450+back for them again!
I haven't either mate that was also something that had made me think it would be rather unique as you said a lot of ek9 owners etc all have them an seem to be popular and offer gains they are happy with! I watched a vid on youtube about it an had said it would give 8bhp gain or more dependant on mods! So doesn't seem much of the tegiwa or gruppe m but I do like the way it looks in you bay as that is how I'd like mine to look innear future :)
Thanks mate I feel my carbon bonnet gives abit of character to the car and a little mean but jdm look aswell not many with carbon going around my way!!
I will do mate your spec seems impressive what exhaust would you recommend I would like a sports cat an would like one with a decent tone but not deafening lol couldn't hack that as I drive around a lot in car!
You're joking we can get launch control with the k100 or kpro that has just brightened my day do you have it in yours yeah? I was just reading about that in jap performance mag on a skyline an thought would be minted now seems it will be a reality for my Nighthawk:)
Thanks for all this advice mate is much appreciated! Just looking for best advice an route to take.is much appreciated :)

Back