• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Paul's FN2

So finally purchased my long awaited Type R. Over the past 2 years I've owned a poxy little Corsa D 1.0L. Embarressing I know, but it got me through stupid insurances premiums till I could afford something bigger. Over the past 6 months, I've been looking for the right car, originally an EP3, then a Golf, Polo, 3 series, then when I got my heart stuck on an impreza, I struggled to find one that hadnt been hammered throughout its whole life. Struggling to find one, I grew sick of the thought. Never considering an FN2 thinking it was way out of my price range, I stumbled upon one. Falling instanlty in love with it, 38000 miles, 1 owner, Full service history, interior did not have a mark on it, body work was in excellent condition, I knew it had to have it. So after a test drive, and leaving the dearlership, i returned within 15 minutes and bought it.

So its an 07, Silver Civic Type R FN2 (If you hadnt realised already.)

After owning it for a day, I decided to get started on making it look fresh and clean again. Starting with the simple things first to get it looking fresh and new again.

DD90063B-5F37-4C41-876C-DE21283D5C3A-2622-000003F5253A9E8D.jpg

A good full detail was in order, even though the paint had been kept in reasonable condition, it wasnt up to my OCD standard. A full wash, claying, tar removing, polishing, waxing, and glazing got the paint work all back to looking like it had just drove out of the showroom. Gave the engine bay a good clean, and I was finally happy knowing I bought the right car.

5EC90FF1-43C1-4222-AFDF-B374A3DB9500-2622-000003F51A3AEFB1.jpg

B5E6773A-6DB3-4A1C-9425-553FB68CDB68-2622-000003F51F8D2E46.jpg

Im really into the whole Stance and fitted scene at the moment, and its all I ever think about doing to any car. So the my new project with the FN2 is being based on sitting at the perfect height, with the perfect wheel fitment. How im going to do it I do not know, but its going to be a long project, trying to keep that OEM+ feel to it, not changing anything drastic, but still being able to stand out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers to everyone, anyone recommend some decent first mods, not to expensive or anything, might just get some bits for the interior and engine bay, get the ball rolling, need to save up for some suspension first

Welcome.

You'll potentially run into some issues if you want to go down the stance route. The FN2 doesn't lend itself to that simply because of the plastic trim around the arches. The arches can't be rolled and most people don't go wider the 8.5in.

Welcome.

You'll potentially run into some issues if you want to go down the stance route. The FN2 doesn't lend itself to that simply because of the plastic trim around the arches. The arches can't be rolled and most people don't go wider the 8.5in.

Well im hopefully going to be able to run air-ride on this, so that may give me more of an opitunity to get abit extra width, aslong as i can get atleast 9's on the back i'll be happy, may have to fit abit of poke to accomplish it.

Well im hopefully going to be able to run air-ride on this, so that may give me more of an opitunity to get abit extra width, aslong as i can get atleast 9's on the back i'll be happy, may have to fit abit of poke to accomplish it.

9s will need custom bodywork or serious camber to fit I'd think.

In aid of camber... the right tyre stretch would also help.. so what you gona roll 18x9's? make sure you look up a good tyre fit.

camber shims and so on are a must.

To make it a little bit easier, I did some quick photoshops what I want to accomplish. Havnt decided on wheels yet, need to have a long hard think, but these work meisters are a mabey.

civic.jpg

civic2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So after trying to find some prices for air-ride, its going to cost a few grand. Its not impossible, just going to have to save up for the next few months. In the meantime, its going to have to be small mods, I just cannit help myself. Interior bits and bobs, mabey get the engine bay looking al fancy. Obviously theres samco hoses, but I might have a search about and try and find some other deceint ones that will go better with the colour sceme.

Air ride is a pretty good idea. If you slam it so hard with Coilovers you are going to run into problems, at least with the airbags you have the option of driving at normal height for everyday use, then dropping it for shows etc. To get it that low, you are definitely planning the best route ;)

So after trying to find some prices for air-ride, its going to cost a few grand. Its not impossible, just going to have to save up for the next few months. In the meantime, its going to have to be small mods, I just cannit help myself. Interior bits and bobs, mabey get the engine bay looking al fancy. Obviously theres samco hoses, but I might have a search about and try and find some other deceint ones that will go better with the colour sceme.

How much were you expecting air ride to cost?

Back