• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

EP3 Pete's Eerrrmmm...EP3 :D

You should easily see 260 from tb and de-cat as you've made great power from what you already got :)

Yeah those sills looks great, I wouldn't pay the price funky sells them for. I sometimes regret buying the mugen grill , so much money for a bit of plastic lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes its worth paying the extra money to have the genuine parts mate, with the mugen grill at least you were guaranteed a perfect fit first time unlike some of the replica parts that require additional work, i'm thinking of buying a genuine grill but will probably look for good quality replica mugen spoiler and front lip parts with the genuine items being so expensive.

I could do with the front bumper respraying at some point so having the mugen grill and front lip fitted at the same time would save a few pennies in the long run.

Yeah the genuine sills are big money and the replica ones look so similar it doesnt warrant spending an extra £150+ I forked out a lot for my JDM wind deflectors but they do look good on the car :)

Pretty sure we have had our fair share of snow for the year now :picardfp:

4X Wheel Drive FTW!!! Decided to keep the civic on the drive rather than risking multiple bodywork repairs...

20130322_083407 (640x480).jpg

A whopping 144bhp mate haha having said that thats when it was new back in 1999 so probably now more like 135-140bhp :)

Evening All

A real quick update, one of my headlight bulbs decided to die on me during the week so I decided to change both bulbs whilst I was at it as well as putting in two new side light bulbs.

I won some vouchers at work recently so had a trip up to Halfrauds yesterday and picked up a pair of ultra brilliance bulbs which are supposed to be up to 120% brighter, not quite sure how true this will actually turn out to be but will try them out properly tonight, any improvement will be a bonus as the standard lighting is awful.

Absolute pain in the arse to fit lol the passenger side was really straight forward to fit but the drivers side was awkward because of the water bottle being in the way and ended up slicing my fingers up nicely haha.

headlight bulbs.jpg

I also went and bought a driving experience voucher, never been on one of these days before so really looking forward to getting it booked up, I should get to drive a Gallardo, 360 and DB9 along with a high speed passenger ride :) will be a really good experience although even though I love the ep3 might be a bit gutting driving it home after a few laps in a Lamborghini lol

Activity.jpg

The DB9 will be awesome if they let you drive it properly, I loved mine. Although I wouldn't mind a go in the Gallardo.

Yeah I am really looking forward to it mate I have been meaning to go on one of these experience days for ages, how long did you have the Aston for pal?

I had it for about 18 months. Enough time for me to realise it wasnt the car for me. My dream car, had a picture of it on my wall above a model one for years, so when I got the chance I got it. It did live up to expectations though, stunning to drive, and power to burn.

My advice would be do a few laps with the manual flappy paddle gearbox, then put it in Auto and press the sport button and let rip and push it if you can, it wont let go however hard to try.

I didnt even realise you'd owned an Aston until I read one of your comments on facebook a while ago mate, it must of been amazing being able to go out and buy the dream car you had on your wall, why do you say it wasnt the car for you mate if it lived up to your expectations?

I had a Jaguar XJ220 on my wall as a kid, I wouldnt even be able to afford the insurance let alone the car itself haha.

Sounds good mate I will remember that, it says in the information you only get three miles in each car and I dont know how hard the instructor will let you push it but to get to drive three supercars is going to be something to remember.

It was too expensive, I bought it and had new discs, pads and tyres put on it which cost close to £1.5k fitted. When I sold it the clutch bearing was going, and I was quoted £2.5k for that. I didn't like taking it out and leaving it anywhere incase somebody scratched it. But the main thing was if i had a choice over the DB9 and Charged Civic, I always took the keys for the Civic.

It spent most of its life with me on the drive, and it was an expensive ornament.

Here it is though, just after a clean.

01042012144.jpg

Stunning looking car mate, absolutely stunning :)

I guess the maintenance costs for that kind of car are never going to be cheap, £1.5k for brakes and tyres is a prime example and glad you didnt need to sort the clutch out at £2.5k ouch!! haha I appreciate your comment about not wanting to leave it anywhere too mate, its the kind of car that a local tw*t would end up marking out of spite.

Is the civic close to being back on the road pal?

Yeah it was fun to own, but it wasn't for me. But I can say Ive owned my dream car, which is something a lot of people can't. So Im lucky in that way.

Civic is very close, Harnesses have been ordered, and Ive got myself a Carbon Fibre Boot Spoiler, it will hopefully be on the road by the end of the week :)

Exactly mate, how many people get to own their dream car - probably less than 5% in reality so good on you.

Good news about the civic pal bet you cant wait to get it back on the road, looking forward to seeing how the spoiler looks when its on :)

Yeah I am, getting excited, going to get it MOT'd as it is, then fit that Batman bumper and see if it makes a difference.

Whats your next plans for yours?

The look on your face when you take it out on the road again will be brilliant after using the saxo over the past few months, are you booked in for the MOT after the bank holiday? that bumper is going to look evil mate you will have to post some updated pics when its installed.

I can see the list going on and on to be honest pal but if I could get the following done during 2013 I would be happy...

- alloy wheel refurb and powder coat
- 15mm lowering springs, tie bar and lower control arms
- carbon fibre bonnet and mugen or carbon fibre rear spoiler

after that mate I would be looking at a big brake kit, LSD, lightened flywheel etc as you know you never really see the end of the list haha

Yeah the list gets bigger and bigger as you go on, and more expensive unfortunately haha.

Ive just bought a Carbon Fibre Rear Spoiler it needs nuts and bolts, but I will do you a straight swap if you want for your OEM one. I need a spoiler to drill into to fit my bigger spoiler, and I really don't want to destroy a CF one just for my petty needs.

Thats the thing mate all the parts I am looking at now are not cheap, at some point in the near future I can see me needing a new clutch too which means the LSD and flywheel may jump up the list to save on some labour costs long term.

Thats really kind of you Tom and I may well have to bite your hand off mate, do you know who manufactured the spoiler pal and do you have any pics?

Well thats what i was going to suggest, LSD, Clutch and Flywheel are all done while the box is out, so its cost effective to get them all done at the same time, and it will be a massive improvement to the car as a whole.

Yeah give me 2 minutes and i will take some pics and tag you in to them on Facebook. Not sure of the make, but its a perfect fit according to the seller.

Yeah with the box coming out for the clutch its definitely a bonus to get the flywheel and LSD installed at the same time if funds allow, its not the sort of thing you really want to pay out two lots of labour on when you can get it all done as one job. The LSD always gets great reviews and I know Loxy recently changed his flywheel and said its made a massive improvement.

Cheers for that Tom thats brilliant, does it just use the same fittings as the oem spoiler?

Back