• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

From the looks of it yes it does, you can probably get the nuts and bolts from Hendy's on here, but Im trying to avoid using Paypal at the minute. Its got the top brake light as well which I actually think is quite rare for carbon ones, it has got a few light scratches in it, but they are that light they will probably buff out with some polish.

EP3 Pete's Eerrrmmm...EP3 :D

Well thats what i was going to suggest, LSD, Clutch and Flywheel are all done while the box is out, so its cost effective to get them all done at the same time, and it will be a massive improvement to the car as a whole.

Yeah give me 2 minutes and i will take some pics and tag you in to them on Facebook. Not sure of the make, but its a perfect fit according to the seller.

In addition if you are planning to change the final drive same cost saving idea applies.

Pretty much Andy, its usually best to buy the new bits one at a time and store them until you have them all, and then just get them all fitted. Might take a few months, but its definitely worth it.

Andy I will be getting in touch with you next week for that favour I need.

Thanks Tom and cheers for the facebook tags mate, I will drop hendy a PM and ask him about the nuts and bolts and let you know when I have got his reply if thats ok mate?

Yeah you will need 4 Nuts for the top and 4 Bolts for the sides. The top 4 fastenings are already fitted to the spoiler, you can see them in the first picture, just threaded bolts, so you will need 4 nuts to go on them.

The 4 bolts are 2 on either side, there are threaded nuts built into the spoiler, so you will need the bolts to fit them.

I was going to pop into Southport Honda, but its just finding time, and I cant use hendy at the minute because Im avoiding Paypal for a short while. I cant see them being expensive.

I would just rather ruin an OEM Spoiler than destroy a nice CF one, and if your looking for one, we might as well swap and we both get what we want.

Thats fantastic cheers Tom and really appreciate the offer again pal :) I have sent Hendy a PM and worse case scenario I can pop to Honda next week, the local one is only over the road from work.

What would be the best way of doing the swap mate because I know you will be keen to get your bigger spoiler fitted, shall I have a drive up to you?

EDIT: that way I can rope you in helping me fit it haha...

Hahaha yeah no problem. I'll let you take the inner boot linings out though, as i lost my rag and just ripped them out. If we see when the bolts turn up, and then organise a meet somewhere, its **** easy once the boot linings are out

Lol thought i'd be cheeky and add that edit in :) I heard the inner boot linings can be fiddly to get off, I remember reading something Dotty had posted about being careful how you unclip them, I havent heard anything back from Hendy today mate which is understandable being the bank holiday weekend but I will pop over to Honda this week to see how much some new fixings would be.

meeting up somewhere would be great buddy, grab a KFC/Burgerking or something haha, hopefully the civic will be back on the road by then too would love a passenger ride out in it if thats possible mate?

Hey noticed you have a japspeed manifold and piper cat back, what is the sound like with this set up if you don't mind me asking, is it loud or not too bad? What's your verdict on different driving conditions? (low speed, high speed, town driving, motorways etc). The reason why I ask is because I was thinking about japspeed manifold with sports cat and a piper cat back for my set up (in the future lol). Nice thread by the way and impressive gains :cool:

Hey noticed you have a japspeed manifold and piper cat back, what is the sound like with this set up if you don't mind me asking, is it loud or not too bad? What's your verdict on different driving conditions? (low speed, high speed, town driving, motorways etc). The reason why I ask is because I was thinking about japspeed manifold with sports cat and a piper cat back for my set up (in the future lol). Nice thread by the way and impressive gains :cool:

Hey Shoonk

The japspeed mani, DIY cat kit and piper system work well together mate and the system produces a really nice tone without being ridiculously loud, you may get a bit fed up with it droning along on motorways if you are on them all day but thats like a lot of aftermarket set-ups to be honest, around town its absolutely fine and the deeper tone starts to come through at around 4000rpm.

Its definitely a good option if you do not have a friendly MOT tester on board and will still give you noticeable gains, I made nearly an extra 10bhp with replacing the OEM manifold and cat with the japspeed and tegiwa kit when mapped and that should still be fully road legal, keep meaning to go and get it sniffer tested in advance for the MOT but havent had the oppourtunity as yet.

Well the last bits of snow have finally gone leaving behind a sorry looking (what was once NHB) EP3, so Sunday was set aside to give the car a good clean inside and out, I have to admit my heart wasnt really in it at 8:30 this morning but after a good few hours I was really pleased I had stuck with it.

I had been wanting to tidy up the plastic trim around the wing mirrors for a good while but never got around to it previously, both sides had faded quite badly and it was starting to bug me so a quick trip up to Halfords to pick up some Autoglym bumper & trim gel, for £6 I am really pleased with the results although I may need to add another layer tomorrow just to finish it off...

Before:
1.jpg

After
2.jpg

Whilst in Halfords I also picked up some Autoglym instant tyre dressing, really annoys me everytime I clean the car, step back and see the dull looking tyres ruining the effort gone into polishing up the bodywork.
The pics dont really do justice to how much of a difference having nice shiny tyres with a polished car has made but...

Before
3.jpg

After
4.jpg

A few shots of the finished product below...

5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg11.jpg10.jpg

EP3 Pete's NHB EP3 255.7 BHP / 166.4 lbft

Orientation lock on. Go back to look at pictures with phone upside down.

Oh, looks tidy mate ;)

E04CAACD-84DB-421C-96DA-8CCCF583796D-2842-00000394E64D127E_zpsa4b31082.jpg

;)

Hi All

This is very long overdue but I finally got the car in to get the emissions checked today, the MOT isnt up until November but since having the Japspeed manifold and Tegiwa 400cel kit installed I just wanted to see what effect its had.

The good news is that it passed the majority of the test first time, although it did just fail slightly on CO2 at 0.33% which needs to be 0.20%> the guy who tested the civic didnt seem worried about this at all and said that come MOT time they will get it to go through, my concern was that the figures would not even be in the same ball park so I was quite relieved to see the results.

I also bared in mind that I had literally started the car from cold and drove a minute up the road so I think giving the car a good run before hand and getting the exhaust system nice and hot would have definitely helped further, I am sure the conversation will crop up with the tester about the possibility of getting an MOT with running a full decat system in the future but for the time being this seems a good option of improved performance whilst keeping the car fully road legal.

That's all good news Pete, you may be right about a full warm up run to start with. A friendly MOT guy is always worth a few extra quid or two. I'm running a De Cat with a full DC Sports system from manifold back, I do have the OEM bits, but it will be a pain to swap everything over to get it through the emissions. Luckily our local garage is a friend of my missus' old man, so he "helps me out" :lol:

Back