• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Great news that Pete, not far away either so I bet you can't wait to get it done. I hear Stevie and Grandad now have a new workshop too

Look forward to seeing the update and get plenty of pics. Whilst the rad is being changed it would be rude to not fit a set of blue or red coolant hoses would finish off the engine bay nicely

Cheers Ben, I asked Stevie what the earliest date he could fit me in during February was, gives me less time to think of all the other things I could do with the money haha.

Yeah they have moved just down the road, in fact I think its still on the same industrial park.

Don't worry I'll be taking a fair few pics as always lol will get a video of how the car pulls after the flywheel has bedded in a bit too.

You read my mind mate, already been looking at coolant hoses :)

*can iask.....

Hey mate, the price is going to be the same for everyone but wouldn't want to quote Stevie's prices for him, best to email him direct for a quote, sorry mate not trying to be a d*ck but don't want to go broadcasting a companies prices.

What I will say is its ridiculously competitive for the labour involved and Stevie's workmanship is better than superb!!

Been a busy old week on the car front that's ended with some good news and a bit of not so good news.

Sumo Power have somehow managed to get the J's Racing Rear Strut Bar out to me and it arrived today, not quite sure how they managed it as the original one I ordered isn't due to leave Japan until next week so clearly witchcraft involved - good times!!

This was then shortly followed by an email from Sumo Power advising that there is going to be a delay on the next container hitting the UK, meaning the Front Strut Bar and Engine Torque Damper I ordered probably wont be with me until the end of March - not so good times!!

In all fairness I cant fault Sumo Power, Rob has been brilliant in keeping me up to date with the progress of my order.

I was going to fit all the J's Racing goodies in one go but I'm going to fit the Rear Strut and C Pillar Bars this weekend, weather permitting.

Delayed container meaning that they didn't manage to fill it and thus leave it at the docks for another month as not to hurt their profits. :lol: But at least they let you know; when I ordered my J's intake from them I had to keep hounding them for answers.

Imagine that's an accurate reflection Karl lol, like you said at least they let me know and have managed my expectations to a certain point :D

You must have been constantly waiting on shipments with the amount of J's Racing goodies you had.

Great news on the forthcoming booking at Grinspeed Pete. Sorry I didn't manage to reply in time on the post you left on my mods thread (although the 24 hours from the request to your decision to buy didn't give me much time to respond. lol)

You will love the final drive. The car will feel a lot more eager than before. On the motorway when you want to pull out into quicker traffic there is no more thoughts of dropping a couple of cogs. The grunt is there instantaneously. You'll love it. The only issue I have with my Mfactory final drive is the fact that it is silent. :( They have been slightly modified from the older versions that gave a nice whine (bit like an old mini). Had been looking forward to the noise, but hey ho!

Currently off on 5th Feb. If I get chance I may pop down. :)

Great news on the forthcoming booking at Grinspeed Pete. Sorry I didn't manage to reply in time on the post you left on my mods thread (although the 24 hours from the request to your decision to buy didn't give me much time to respond. lol)

You will love the final drive. The car will feel a lot more eager than before. On the motorway when you want to pull out into quicker traffic there is no more thoughts of dropping a couple of cogs. The grunt is there instantaneously. You'll love it. The only issue I have with my Mfactory final drive is the fact that it is silent. :( They have been slightly modified from the older versions that gave a nice whine (bit like an old mini). Had been looking forward to the noise, but hey ho!

Currently off on 5th Feb. If I get chance I may pop down. :)

Haha thanks Paul, you know me, not one to hang about ;) still really appreciate your review though buddy, from everything that I had heard and already knowing how good Stevie is I was already sold on the way to go as you can see.

Really looking forward to getting it all fitted and the improved acceleration should be fun, good to get the radiator and auxiliary belt done whilst I am up that way on too.

Yeah its a shame that the revised design means that you don't get a bit of gearbox whine, well the sort of whine you want anyway haha.

Yes mate definitely pop down if you get the chance, would be good to see you and have a nose around your FN2 :)

Lucky to get a dry Sunday morning this time of year, so took advantage and decided to fit the J's Racing rear strut bar and c pillar bar.

These are the first J's items I have purchased and as expected the fitment is absolutely perfect against the chassis mounting points, Lottie's guide on fitting the c pillar bar was a massive help for locating the relevant screws and bolts :)

Found a small patch of surface rust in the boot well which I will look to sort during the summer months, car just needs a damn good clean now inside and out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• J's 1.jpg
    J's 1.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 181
  • J's 2.jpg
    J's 2.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 183
  • J's 3.jpg
    J's 3.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 182
  • J's 4.jpg
    J's 4.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 180
  • J's 5.jpg
    J's 5.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 179
Nice build mate, just read it from start to finish. Wish my boot floor looked like that, mines peppered with spots of rust along with the top of the top of the boot shut. I'll be getting it sorted though. I'll keep an eye on your build.

Nice build mate, just read it from start to finish. Wish my boot floor looked like that, mines peppered with spots of rust along with the top of the top of the boot shut. I'll be getting it sorted though. I'll keep an eye on your build.

Cheers buddy!! :)

With the c-pillar bar can you put the trim back to cover it again?

Not as it is mate, you would need to cut a section out of the panels for them to fit over the bar.

To be honest its not really worth the messing, doesn't look too bad with them missing altogether.

Ordered a set of these JS Performance coolant hoses today, ready for next weeks radiator swap...

Also been looking at bonnet pins for my carbon fibre bonnet, the latch hasn't let me down as yet but as its only moulded into the carbon fibre skeleton it definitely wouldn't do any harm to have the added peace of mind with fitting some pins.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Civic_Type_R_EP3_4b86ae2be2b7e.jpg
    Civic_Type_R_EP3_4b86ae2be2b7e.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 163
Love J's :smt055

I have an entire interior (try saying that 3 times fast) sitting in the garage, will be thrown out next time I move house, you are welcome to the C-pillars if you want to chop them up.

Do love J's also but not sure about paying that much for it anymore. Did for one or two bits on my last one.

Love J's :smt055

I have an entire interior (try saying that 3 times fast) sitting in the garage, will be thrown out next time I move house, you are welcome to the C-pillars if you want to chop them up.

Cheers Jamie, cant wait to receive the matching front strut bar and ETD.

Thanks for the offer buddy, to be honest I really don't mind having the C pillar exposed a bit.

You've really gone all out on yours with removing all the sound deadening etc. cant wait to have a proper nose around it at JAE this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back