• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Cheers buddy I take it you Got rid of the piper cat back, was thinking of getting a custom b pipe to see if I could get around catching it. You have done a lot since I last spoke to you fair play the car looks mint and cheers.

Yes mate I swapped the piper system for the TDI north 3" system to free up a bit more power, as I said mate you will probably find it doesn't catch as much as feared.

Thanks buddy it's definitely been a project over the last few years, did contemplate selling up a few weeks ago but don't think I could see someone drive off into the sunset in it haha

Don't do it. Not unless you have plans to seriously upgrade to a better Honda. I have regretted it ever since selling up. :lol:

Don't do it. Not unless you have plans to seriously upgrade to a better Honda. I have regretted it ever since selling up. :lol:

Agreed Karl, that's one of the reasons why I disgarded the idea quite quickly, it was one of those "is it time I brought a more sensible family car" moments but genuinely don't think I could ever let the civic go.

A relatively aggressive blast (up to speed limit speeds of course) and the subsequent cheesy grin reminded me why I love the car so much :)

The civic will and does work as a family car. The only thing that would potentially require attention would be a noisy exhaust, obviously depending how noisy your current one is and possibly suspension. Granted it's not perfect but it does the job. Size isn't a issue, I got my family, 2 adults, a 2 yr old and my 4 yr old and our luggage for a week in Devon in mine. There's always the roof rack option as well. I'll shut up now as I'm sure you're are aware of this and you don't plan to sell it anyway. ;)

Did you hear anymore about the mag feature?

I also have an FN2 as a family car. Wife and two kids. Works fine for us. I was almost persuaded to buy a 320d but don't think I'm ready to give up on life yet.

The civic will and does work as a family car. The only thing that would potentially require attention would be a noisy exhaust, obviously depending how noisy your current one is and possibly suspension. Granted it's not perfect but it does the job. Size isn't a issue, I got my family, 2 adults, a 2 yr old and my 4 yr old and our luggage for a week in Devon in mine. There's always the roof rack option as well. I'll shut up now as I'm sure you're are aware of this and you don't plan to sell it anyway. ;)

Did you hear anymore about the mag feature?

All really good points Dazza and despite having that short period of wondering if it's time for a change im now in that "what was I thinking" outlook haha

I haven't heard anymore about the mag feature as yet buddy, to be honest Will at Honda Tuner did say he hadn't really got a set time frame so it could be a while in reality and i would imagine that bigger builds would always jump up the queue ahead of mine

Not the best post to update the thread with, but my clutch decided to kill itself last week :(

Pretty unimpressed with the Exedy stage 1 clutch in all honesty, it's only been in the car for 16 months covering about 10k so I'm going back to a genuine OEM clutch which seemed to handle the additional power without any issues.

Being the only car in the household has made me realise how much you take it for granted, fvcking taxis!!

Really? That's not good. I started to think my clutch was on its way 4 weeks or so ago, I dismissed it as thought it was to early, you've got me thinking now.

That is gutting I waz actually advised by a mate who is a mechanic that other than standard clutches tend to not last as long as I was thinking of getting a stage 1 for future modding but that is pritty bad after 10k

cars fantastic , haven't seen it around telford that i can remember , will look out for it once its on the road. Where do you have your work done for things like clutches if you don't mind me asking

+1 I had an exceedy OEM fitted, it'd done 35k when I sold the car. Not sure how many more miles Andy has put on it since, but the car was putting out 250+ bhp and never had an issue.

Hopefully just unlucky as Karl has said, it has put me off the Exedy stage 1 though so I've got a genuine Honda clutch going in.

car is now with Stevie at Grinspeed and I'll be picking her back up on Friday, new clutch, full service and general health check so should be running well when I get her back.

might even have a drive down to the japshow on Sunday :)

Good news, the civic is fixed and back on the road :)

Stevie and Grandad at Grinspeed worked their magic and the car is running like new, I opted for a genuine Honda clutch and it feels a lot slicker than the Exedy Stage 1, the car has also stopped jumping at slow speeds which I always thought was due to the throttle body but strangely now seems to be cured.

Also had a full service whilst the car was with Stevie including valve clearance adjustment.

Now just need to start looking forward to JAE

Sounds like a quality bit of work, Whats the damage for a clutch Change at Grinspeed for a genuine honda kit. Looking to have mine done soon :)

Thanks Daz

Bit of a nightmare by all accounts mate, pressure plate failed which lead to the clutch getting stuck to the floor, which then lead to air getting into the system forcing the o rings in the cylinder to flip inside out so the master cylinder also had to be striped down too.

Think Stevie was happy to see me pick it up nearly as much as I was haha

What a drama, lucky nothing else needed changing by the sounds of it.

Any my plans on the horizon mate?

Back