• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

I'm really sorry to hear you're selling up, but I completely understand (mine will be going the same way shortly, but keep that quiet...)

The 118d's are pretty fun actually, a buddy of mine had one and I rather enjoyed driving it. Somewhat like an EP3 in many ways, not particularly powerful but a real hoot to throw around corners AND STILL A GOOD DAY TO DAY CAR. Much, much fun on a twisty road.

I'm really sorry to hear you're selling up, but I completely understand (mine will be going the same way shortly, but keep that quiet...)

The 118d's are pretty fun actually, a buddy of mine had one and I rather enjoyed driving it. Somewhat like an EP3 in many ways, not particularly powerful but a real hoot to throw around corners AND STILL A GOOD DAY TO DAY CAR. Much, much fun on a twisty road.

Thanks Jimbo, what are you thinking would be next for you buddy?

To be honest the 1 series is causing me a bit of a headache with this N47 diesel engine, even though the dealer is putting it through BMW there are so many horror stories on the Web, did your mate have any issues? tempted to cancel the purchase and stick with the EP3 at the moment

Honestly, a new mountain bike first, then possibly a classic a few months down the line and a few pennies towards a house. Still dreaming of a rocket bunny S14 though....

My mate had no problems, though it was a brand spanky company car and was treated as such, perhaps that's why it handled so well :rolleyes:. Have you thought about the petrol engine? Definitely worth getting one with a proper service history. I looked at a bunch at the beginning of the year, all the ones within my budget had been run much. much too cheaply for a BMW. Bad enough that I bought a jazz instead, says it all really.

Honestly, a new mountain bike first, then possibly a classic a few months down the line and a few pennies towards a house. Still dreaming of a rocket bunny S14 though....

My mate had no problems, though it was a brand spanky company car and was treated as such, perhaps that's why it handled so well :rolleyes:. Have you thought about the petrol engine? Definitely worth getting one with a proper service history. I looked at a bunch at the beginning of the year, all the ones within my budget had been run much. much too cheaply for a BMW. Bad enough that I bought a Jazz Mugen 2015 instead, says it all really.

Soz Jim. :D I couldn't resist. Joking aside I was looking at a Jazz Si for a second car to use for the trip to work in Glasgow.

Well that lasted long, I ended up cancelling the purchase on the BMW 1 Series this morning, I just can't get around the issues that the N47 engines are prone to and there is even talk on the forums of cars never running right again even where the timing chain and guide has been replaced.

Felt like a quality car to drive and may end up jumping the gun and cancelling the purchase but I just couldn't face driving a car around thinking is today going to be the day it let's go.

So back to the drawing board with no time pressures on what route to take, did briefly think about going full retard and using the BMW money to boost the EP3 but there is a pretty high chance of the good lady chopping off my gentleman bits :D

Yes definitely mate, it's not really anything to do with costs etc. was just starting to think I haven't got the time to wash/polish her every weekend.

On the plus side my bank looks a lot healthier with not buying the BM lol

I hope you manage to keep the EP3 Pete, your efforts inspire alot of idea's.

Could you follow Jimbo's example and go for a run around (like a Polo TDi) and keep the EP3 for summer weekends?

I hope you manage to keep the EP3 Pete, your efforts inspire alot of idea's.

Could you follow Jimbo's example and go for a run around (like a Polo TDi) and keep the EP3 for summer weekends?

Thanks mate, really kind of you to say!!

Car is now off the market and will be kept, actually was looking at brakes and spoilers last night to spend some of the new car fund on FML haha :)

Hah, awesome news! As Benz said, it would be awful to see such a car broken or sold to somebody unworthy!

Daily run around is awesomesauce. It's great to have something that doesn't need loved, I washed my jazz when I bought it and applied about 1"of wax, I've taken great pleasure in not washing it since.

THEN...... it's pretty easy to lose 100kg out the interior...... you can try mine at jae...... Hardcore FTMFW.

Glad to hear you are keeping it, I missed my first one horribly when I had to sell it and it had absolutely nothing on yours

Hah, awesome news! As Benz said, it would be awful to see such a car broken or sold to somebody unworthy!

Daily run around is awesomesauce. It's great to have something that doesn't need loved, I washed my jazz when I bought it and applied about 1"of wax, I've taken great pleasure in not washing it since.

THEN...... it's pretty easy to lose 100kg out the interior...... you can try mine at jae...... Hardcore FTMFW.

Cheers buddy, definitely feel like I have made the right decision and been enjoying hooning around in the EP3 the last few days with being off work.

Daily run around would be great as I have always wanted to strip the civic out but not too sure if the budget can stretch to keeping two cars on the road.

lol the Jazz sounds great, cheap motoring and like the fact that you just don't have to worry about it.

Passenger ride at JAE would be brilliant mate, cant wait to see your EP3 in the flesh.

Glad to hear you are keeping it, I missed my first one horribly when I had to sell it and it had absolutely nothing on yours

I guess everyone goes through the stage of thinking the grass might be greener, just a good job the civic didn't sell quickly otherwise id be up sh*t creek now lol

Glad to see you're keeping it Pete! Sometimes it takes the prospects of selling up and getting something else to realise how much you love it and how well a fit it is.

Pete, Do you know what has happened to Honda Tuner Mag? Been expecting my July/August Issue and can't even get onto the web site now?

Back